Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Late Deals? - Neilson & Ifyouski

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
ok so I'm not a massive fan of to's but just had some late deals come in from neilson which might be of interest. you need to book this weekend however.

http://www.neilson.co.uk/weekendoffer.aspx includes Meribel for xmas week (s/c) & Mayrhofen (b&b)

alos Ifyouski.com also starting to promote some deals http://www.ifyouski.com/travel/skideals/ including pre-xmas, xmas and jan. Tignes for £199 from 6/12 v
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
shush, I've got my eye on that tignes deal
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
nbt wrote:

It's a v. good deal. My recent 5 day trip to tignes probably cost double that DIY. come 6/12 a good number of runs should have opened too...
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Are the Neilson offers weekends away as the website seems to suggest???
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
kitenski wrote:
Are the Neilson offers weekends away as the website seems to suggest???

no they are 7 day trips - it's called Weeekendoffers as they are only available if you book this weekend.

Obviously got some inventory to shift..
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
nbt wrote:
Check out Crystal, same deal with an extra £50 off if you book online...
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
dmo, welcome to snowheads, I'd already spotted that and am waiting for Mrs NBT to get out of the shower so I can show it to her, now be quiet before somene else books it before me! NehNeh Razz
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
nbt, did ya ?
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Ad in the window of a TA in Chelmsford... "Xmas in Andorra, Pas de la Casa - £160 21sr Dec".

Almost tempted to blow out my french mother in law and go there instead, then straight over to Cham for new year Very Happy

And to put things into perspective, I lost my chip thingy for the car park and it cost £20 to get my car out. I told the bloke I could have Christmas skiing for 8x that. He didn't seem phased. rolling eyes
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Thanks for the heads-up Mr Bassett Very Happy I didn't think we could afford to get away (still can't really) but these offers were too good to ignore.

Anyway, just booked the Xmas week 21st-28th Dec self catering for five of us for £1,212 total Manchester-Turin inc. transfers. Toss-up between Risoul which had the advantage of altitude at 1,800m and Serre Chevalier (Villeneuve) at 1,400m which looked to have the bigger, classier accommodation. Serre C. won in the end as Mrs moffatross isn't skiing but the better apartment (nominally for up to 7 at 44m2) will mean a happier time.

General questions ...

Anyone stayed in L'Alpaga apartments at SC ?
Is it possible to buy the bargain family 2 adults, 2 children pass with any two adults (me and my bro) ?
Typical transfer time Turin-Serre Chevalier ?
Historical likelihood of decent snowbase late December ?
Crowded at Xmas ?

Last edited by Ski the Net with snowHeads on Sun 16-11-08 19:16; edited 2 times in total
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
bertie bassett, if you try and book the Meribel Xmas week for £189 departing 20.12.08, you get to this page. If you then continue, you find you have to book for at least 2 people (try just one person and you get an error message). But as the studio (Living area with four sofa beds separated by a sliding door) is for 4, you have to pay a supplement of £322. Add in the In Flight Meal, ATOL protection, and Ski Carriage, and the total bill comes to £739.00 Shocked
Seems a bit of a con to me.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Smokin Joe, we ummed and ahhed about whether we could afford it as business isn;t to good at the moment, then the decision was taken away from us as the en-suite rooms all went. so no, we didn;t.

anyone need curtains?
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Jonpim wrote:
bertie bassett,
Seems a bit of a con to me.

Sorry, do I work for nielson or something?

(No I don't work for anyone at the moment which is which I'm going skiing for 5 months whoopee!)

My first line is "I'm not a massive fan of TO's" - all I was doing was bring attention to the snowheads readership of deals that MAY OR MAYNOT be of interest/financially attractive to them.
If you don't like the terms/resort on offer then vote with your feet.

TO's adding 'hidden extras' isn't exactly new now is it, althought it's pretty cheeky charging for ATOL, and as for in-flght meal then do an easyjet and buy a sandwich from the departure airport. It's not like they can put "Pique-nique interdit" signs up on the plane now is it.

I'm sure moffatross will enjoy his trip, and if only one snowHead benefits then it's still worth this thread!

BB
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Another set of deals on this weekend

http://www.neilson.co.uk/weekendoffer.aspx

includes xmas week in a 3 star chalet in Val D'isere including the usual but a lift pass as well for £660 which doesn't seem to bad, as the pass has got to be worth £100 even if it's val rather than Espace.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy