Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Time for the 'guess the slope' thread

Poster: A snowHead
How does one delete a post? I posted the same thing twice...

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Mon 17-11-08 16:49; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
snowball wrote:
Libertine, He must have looked at my photos on snowMediazone - but cheating spoils the quizz really.

Opps. Didn't mean to spoil it, hence the reason I put up another pic rather than type in the name of the resort. I'd already stated that I cheated (right click on the picture to reveal the filename which contained "verbier") but you still specifically asked us both for the answer. Sorry, wrongly assumed that you understood how I had cheated but still wanted me to name the peak.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
DB, Ahhh, lol. I couldn't be bothered to go trawling through the mediazone, but right clicking i see works , ha ha

Didn't spoil it as no name mentioned. Nothing can spoil some nice snow shots while i'm sitting here at work in canary wharf getting ready to go home in the awfully cold drizzle !!
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
ousekjarr, I feel like I should know that one, but can't quite put it together... It's annoying me now!

I'm thinking edrgas piste marker so must be Austria, but the lack of trees on the mountain opposite suggest it's fairly high-ish (for Austria), and piste number 4 being a black doesn't match with any of my options...Grrr...!
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
ousekjarr, Thats Mayrhofen Looking down into the snow park and the 120 lift
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
ok give's another one then.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Ordhan, yup - to the bottom of the Tuxer150 cable car
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
too late

Last edited by After all it is free Go on u know u want to! on Mon 17-11-08 16:48; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Ordhan, I thought that, but couldn't find a black run number 4. Is it the FIS one?
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Oh OK, confirmed now!
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
This will probably be easy...

snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
DB, sorry, over-reacted - but your photo also had stuff about the resort.

Didn't know you could right-click to get to the snowMediazone (I've got an iMac and we don't have left / right click so I can't do it that way (don't know how I can do it))

Oh Mayrhofen - should have recognised it, though I've only been for the day nearly 20 years ago.

Still waiting to see if I got Courchevel right.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Deliaskis, Thats the one a short steep blast down to the lift that carries you to the Hari if you are up for it Or if you get it right all the way to the 120 lift and the endless power it opens up to the world.

mmmmmmmmmmm Happy times with my Old Man Very Happy
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Ordhan, cool, I love the world above the Tuxer 120 (or 150 or whatever it'called) too!

D
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
skimottaret, edit out 'thumbs' in the address
ski holidays
skimottaret wrote:
My favourite off piste run.. skiing down to the left after coming down the ridge from the right hand side of the photo

ps dumb question but how do you insert a full size photo as opposed to a linked thumnail?

as in.....

snow report
skimottaret the mediaZone produces a "medium" image if a photo with one dimension larger than 640 px is uploaded, the original "larger" picture is then retained and a "click on this for larger image" is available on the displayed medium image. It also produces a link to the medium image as well as to the thumb.
If a pic smaller than 640 px in width or height is uploaded no "medium" image is produced.
ski holidays
snowball, your right.... Last year we had a fresh slope ahead of us as everyone was going down the courchevel side as the meribel side was getting a little wet looking. traversed across under the spire in the middle of the col and while checking it out had a dozen chamois boinging across on the mottaret side pitch. to get into a rythym started counting turns, got to 200 at the bottom. sweeeet...... I know a few would say 1 would be a better total, but didnt want to chew up too much fresh stuff. Little Angel

JT, and Yoda ta
ski holidays
Ok how about this one...

Inserted as a link as perhaps could be considered a little NSFW

https://snowheads.com/the_zone/showphoto.php/data/500/ahem.jpg

Laughing
snow report
Had to photoshop this a bit:
ski holidays
Sunshine, patchy snow - La Wossiere?
snow conditions
Deliaskis, "easy" if you've been there, so based on the lack of response, I presume this is Resort X?

Markus, it reminds me of the left-hand side of the Kitsteinhorn glacier at Kaprun, but it looks a little bare for that Puzzled
snow report
snow conditions
thefatcontroller, looks very steep where ever it it as photos normaly make things look less steep
snow report
shoogly, looks like Alberta to me - near Banff- the mountains in the background are distinctive.....
snow conditions
II wrote:
thefatcontroller, looks very steep where ever it it as photos normaly make things look less steep

It was quite steep, nice but steep Toofy Grin
ski holidays
snowball, ponte de vue- my favourite

Hotel Grands Montets newsletter has a piccie of Mrs Ed on pdv
ski holidays
bertie bassett, looks like somewhere in La Plagne, guessing around Le Biolley?
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Swirly wrote:
bertie bassett, looks like somewhere in La Plagne, guessing around Le Biolley?

Close enough - it was actually on Java which was closed at the time, but with our cowboy boots on we couldn't refuse a play

the lady has good technique though Wink
latest report
thefatcontroller, the bottom of Comborciere at Les Arcs, I think.
latest report
snowball wrote:

I think you have that one correct, although I was going to suggest crete-cote into LP1800
snow conditions
ousekjarr wrote:

Markus, it reminds me of the left-hand side of the Kitsteinhorn glacier at Kaprun, but it looks a little bare for that Puzzled

Nope, its not at the Kitzsteinhorn... Right country though! NehNeh
snow report

Should be fairly easy. Although the shoddy compression from facebook doesn't help.
snow report
thefatcontroller, Sache / tignes?
snow conditions
daehwons wrote:
thefatcontroller, Sache / tignes?

Neither
latest report
snowball wrote:

Correct. mrsfatcontroller in the distance. Glorious run. For those trying to figure out whre it is, it is at the top of Arc1600 running down to the back of Arc1950. Long, lovely black, Very Happy
ski holidays
Swirly, cortina- cinque torres, Mt Tofana in the background- only been in summer?
snow conditions
edsilva, yep, good going on the background too.
latest report
Swirly, hooray!!
snow report
ok try this

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=1426980&l=e0867&id=771176613
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy