Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Austria: Weather in Niederau

Poster: A snowHead
Morning,

Yesterday was clear and sunny most of the day with excellent conditions, made even better by the local sports shop having organised a ski test day with all the next seasons skis to try. It stayed clear in the evening for the sunday night ski show but then came the snow again! There is a couple of inches already this morning since I have been up and looks like carrying on.

Cheers

Carolyn
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hi,

Well we had clear spells yesterday and some snow, but this morning the snow has been coming down for a couple of hours. Visibility comes and goes.

Cheers

carolyn
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hi.

There has been more snow overnight and this morning is clear at the moment. They are still forecasting a lot more over the next few days. Will let you know.

Cheers

Carolyn
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hi,

We had a beautiful day of sunshinwe yesterday but today has been rainy in the village and the visibility not so good. There is talk of even more snow in the next few days!

Cheers,

Carolyn
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Hi,

Yesterday was sunny again and today looks the same - colder this morning and the snow still beautiful! Forecast is snow tomorrow but from looking outside it's hard to imagine. Still, they seem to get it right most of the time so we will see.

Cheers

Carolyn
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Hi,

Clear and crisp again today so far. Radio is now saying colder and snow on friday.
Cheers, Carolyn
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Hi,

We got another lot of snow yesterday and this morning, but the sun came out in the afternoon. Been out skiing all day and the snow is still amazing! Can't believe we only have one more week of the winter season left. Weekend is forecast to be sunny and we have the Ski Instructors' race tomorrow so let's hope it stays fair.

Maybe it is time to stop my weather updates for this year.

Cheers,

Carolyn
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
carolyn wrote:
Can't believe we only have one more week of the winter season left.

I haven't been up to Auffach yet this year and was presuming that the lifts would be running till Easter. Do you know whether that's the case, Carolyn?
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Do keep your reports coming Carolyn.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
carolyn,

Thanks for the reports - you have no idea how importnat they were on the lead up to our holiday.

The web-cam always brightens up a dull day at work, and brings back some great memories.

Have a great summer - hope to see you here again next year ?

regards Martin Very Happy snowHead
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Hi,

Well maybe I will do a few more, then! So glad they are useful and thanks very much for your messages. Today is sunny and beautiful and conditions perfect once more. We close next sunday but Auffach stays open for two more weeks I believe. Hope to hear from you all again and will be sure to post weather in plenty time for next season. The summer feels just round the corner and am very much looking forward to that, and if next winter is anything like this one we will have a great time.

Cheers for now

Carolyn
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Thanks for the info - and for all the reports Very Happy
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
carolyn, Thanks a lot for the reports hope you have a great summer.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Morning,

Well thank you all very much for reading them, and hope you all have a good summer and come back next year to the beautiful Niederau! Today is sunny and cold, hardly anyone around and excellent snow - life is hard in the mountains!

Cheers,

Carolyn
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Hi,

After a warm and springlike day yesterdat we have woken up to ..... more snow! The trees are covered again so I may well have to go and ski to check it all out!

Cheers,

Carolyn
ski holidays
Hi,

Today dawned bright and sunny with a foot of overnight snow - oh well.....

Cheers,

Carolyn
latest report
Hi,

More snow overnight and looks like carrying on today as well. Coming down heavily now.

Cheers

Carolyn
snow report
Hi,

Well that is our season closed, we had a lovely sunny day on saturday and heavy snow yesterday and today!
Hope everyone has a good summer season and keep a watch on us here in Niederau because it is beautiful here in the summer time.

Cheers,

Carolyn
ski holidays
Hello,

Just in case anyone still reads weather reports - our summer season started on saturday amid glorious sunshine. We went up the gondola with mountain bikes and although there are still a few patches of snow it was a very green world up there. Had a schnapps at Rudi's and rode down via Oberau and back to Niederau along the road stopping as required for refreshment! It is a slower pace of life here in the summer but plenty to do and the weather is so lovely. Seven months to go til the ski season!!

Cheers,

Carolyn
snow conditions
Hope you have a great summer! Very Happy
snow conditions
carolyn, Have a great summer! Hope the weather stays good! we are out to Zell am See for a few days for midsummer and Sonnenwendfeuer - which will be a waste of time if it's wet!

Keep us posted weather-wise, we'll all be desperate to hear of the first snowfall!
ski holidays
Hi,
Thanks for your messages - and I will do the odd weather update and, of course, when the snow comes you will know right away! Hope you enjoy the midsummer, robboj, we were up the mountain last year and the sight of all the fires was breathtaking. There were fires up at the Chapel and one beside Rudi's where everyone gathered for drinks and eats to watch the spectacle. You could see hundreds of fires as you looked at all the distant mountains. Very much hoping for good weather again this year.

Cheers,

Carolyn
snow report
Hello from Niederau,

I know it's a bit early for snow but when I was out this morning at 6 there was a distinct autumnal feel to the air and I found myself thinking of the winter! We have had some wonderful summer weather and some amazing storms, too. Thought I would pass on this piece of folklore that I heard the other day and lets all hope it is accurate! Apparently the fact that we have had lots of wasps recently bodes well for a snowy winter. Last winter was very good so this year could be even better - now I find myself actually seeking out and counting the wasps! Don't remember many at all last year.

Cheers,

Carolyn
ski holidays
Yes, I've seen a load of wasps too (trying to drink my Radler today). Here's hoping!
ski holidays
Hope the wasps left you some! Just remembered another thing to watch out for..... If there are lots of birds in the village in the autumn this is supposed to show that they re coming down from the mountain as there won't be enough food up there due to the snow. We are about half way between the village and top of the mountain here in Niederau and I will start keeping a look out! Added to the wasps, of course!
Cheers,
Carolyn
latest report
carolyn, Good to hear from you - has the lift closed now?

Wasps - I haven't heard this one before, and I don't think in our neck of the woods in Sussex we would want a huge amount of snow... but we certainly had huge quantities of wasps in August - various wasp nests had to be cleared. But I was then pleased to find myself batting away quite a few here in Les Gets this weekend so we will have to wait and see.

Now is Niederau, did you have a busy summer - and what has happened to the Gasthof Brunner (we stayed there for more years than I can remember) - I heard that Helmut is just opening the bar.

Pam
latest report
carolyn, is that mad man still playing his harp ?
ski holidays
Hi,

The gondola stays open until second week in october I think, Pamski. The Brunner was where we have also stayed many many times, yoo and holds lots of happy memories of when the children were small ( one is 18, the other 13!) and as far as last time I spoke to Christl ther latest people to go for the purchase have backed out. Helmut just has his friends round rather than opening the bar. We were busier than last summer by far in our apartment house, and I think as a village we had a good summer. Certainly the car park has been busy at times!

Yes, Masmith, Herbert is still to be found singing rock around the clock etc to his harp!

Still lovely weather, cooler in the morning but very warm now - just debating whether or not to go riding or is it too hot - maybe first thing tomorrow which has been our habit when it's hot.

Very much looking forward to the ski season, it will be elder son's third year teaching for the Reds and possibly going to do more than one week myself this season. Still getting to grips with German, Wildschonau style, our younger son is fluent and takes great delight in showing the rest of us up with his skills.

Cheers for now,

Carolyn
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Hi carolyn,

Noticed your webcam is showing new positions. Nice to see that the Pension Diane is still open. Who runs it now since Neilson and I think First Choice stopped doing it.

Nice view of the New Chair Lift base station but I do miss the view of the Tennladen Black run and the Lanorkoff !!!!. Will your web cam postions change again for the winter.

Not planning on going to Neiderau next year yet but we may look at a self drive holiday to your apartments depending upon finances. I wondered is it still faster to come via Holland and Germany rather than France.

Weather as looked pretty good last few days.
latest report
Hello,
Gosh I think we have got ourselves into a situation with the webcam! My husband is the techie one who made the website and organises the webcam and has reacted to a request to move it to the current position. I will ask him what plans he has for moving it when he comes home from the UK on business. I personally like the ADEG view so I can see my son getting on the school bus!
As for the Diane, there is a company who run gold coloured busses that are regulars there - will try and make a note of the name next time I see one.
We have been using France as our route here from the UK and think it is still the faster way, but must say I prefer the Germany one for the scenery!
Do let me know if you think of coming over to the Auhof - I will do you a good "snowhead" deal!
Cheers,

Carolyn
ski holidays
Hi,

Just to properly answer a couple of questions from Pamski and Supereagle, the Diane is mostly used by a coach company called Sheargold and the gondola shuts on Octobe 11th. Starting to feel very autumny now and people are talking about skiing in the village already!

Cheers,

Carolyn
ski holidays
Hello there,

We have just had the first snow of the season!! Just at the top of the Markbachjoch so far, not yet down to the village. Have a look from our webcam www.auhof.co.at
Will keep you posted,

Cheers,

Carolyn
snow conditions
I note WTSS have taken Niederau out of their Austrian section this year.
snow conditions
Hi.
Sorry Tony, what is WTSS? Probably being a bit dim here but can't think. We are having snow now in earnest, our garden is covered now and the flakes are huge at the moment. Better go and find the winter tyres!

Cheers, Carolyn
ski holidays
carolyn, Good to hear about the snow! I didn't know what WTSS was but eventually found it on page 2 googling - Where to Ski and Snowboard - http://www.wtss.co.uk/jsp/index.jsp?lnk=100
ski holidays
Thanks, Pamski!
ski holidays
Hi,
Just had a look at Pamski's link and found Niederau so that's ok! Still very cold and the village looks like it's the middle of the season except for some people still have all the balcony flowers which looks really weord with a backdrop of snow! Hard to believe there is another couple of months to go when you go outside and put the chains on the bus!
Cheers, Carolyn
latest report
WTSS produce a book which is the bible to many skiers. Niederau and the Wildschonau used to have a chapter of their own, but it has been withdrawn this season. You can still get some basic info on their website though.
Great to hear its snowing so early though.
latest report
I'm sorry to say the Wildschonau chapter is one that we move in and out of the book depending on pressure of space and the feedback we get from readers. We get very few reports from readers on the area, so I'm afraid we're not inclined to give it a secure slot.

Chris
snow report
Hi,

Thanks for the info! Quick weather update from us here in Niederau - getting very frosty starts and sunshine in the daytime at the moment with the forecast of snow on monday.

Cheers, Carolyn
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy