Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Easyjet - airport chaos... turn up late at your peril

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
innerspaceservices, leaving just 90 minutes to get thru on one of the busiest days of the year isn't Easyjet's fault I'm afraid.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Quote:

Geneva, paradise compared to Salzburg

or Innsbruck. Or Nis. Or Grenoble.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Yeah Innsbruck is pretty dire. Like a bad travelodge conference suite. Got stuck sat on the floor for hours a few years ago
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
innerspaceservices wrote:
Guys

Just to let you know that if you are flying with Easyjet, make sure you arrive at the airport with plenty of time to spare.

Parking takes up to 30 minutes to do, the long stay car parks are several miles away, then the bus comes every 10 - 15 minutes, the journey can take 10 - 15 minutes in airport rush hour.

Not where I fly from - Bristol Smile

Quote:

If taking the gatwick express from victoria arrives at the wrong terminal and it takes at least 15 minutes, but allow 20 minutes to switch terminal on the overhead rail train (they only come every 5 - 10 mins). btw, there is a special entrance at Victoria (around the back somewhere), that you go through and there is a short escalator to the platform - very handy.

Again, none of this applies to Easyjet in general, it is only Gatwick specific.

Quote:

My flight was 7am last Sunday morning, I arrived at Gatwick airport by 5.30am which was meant to give me 1hr 30mins to hang about,

That would be cutting it fine for any airline at peak times. They all recommend 2 hours, although outside peak times, 1:30 is usually plenty, and I've gone from parking to on the plane in just under an hour at Bristol in the past (before the big security restrictions after the twin towers).

Though the best I ever did that way was coming back from Jersey last year, when I left the beach in my hire car 35 minutes before the flight left! (But I had pre-booked in, and had no luggage).

Quote:

Then the massive queue for passport control was about 300 people long. took about 20 mins

That is very much the fault of Gatwick, rather than Easyjet.

Quote:

You have been warned

please keep this post alive at the front of the posts so we all can benefit from the advice.

Given that most people are well aware of most of this, I don;t think it needs any keeping at the top beyond the normal shelf life of the thread.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Quote:
My flight was 7am last Sunday morning, I arrived at Gatwick airport by 5.30am which was meant to give me 1hr 30mins to hang about,

no, it's meant to give you 1hr 30 mins to get checked in, through security, get to gate, board & be ready for take off, not "hang about"
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
when arriving in Grenoble, thought WOWWEE there's loads of ground staff out there - impressive. soon as plane stopped, they were on to it big time, getting steps ready, unloading baggage, roping off area, member of staff every 5metres point you to walk towards terminal building - then...

wait, wait, wait, zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

baggage took an age to get onto the conveyor belt - wot was that all about!
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I've flown into Grenoble around 5-6 times over the years and I've always had a minimum half hour wait for luggage that is a two-minute walk away in the plane hold.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
holidayloverxx, pam w, Boredom.... and with all the hanging aorund, boredon is HUGE at Geneva.

I accept hanging round at places like Chambery or Sion as it is so much more relaxed. There isn't even enough room to sit on the floor at Geneva.

I just don't think it can handle the numbers anymore...... and I doubt there is room to enlarge it.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
mainly taken me 10 - 20 mins to get my bags at Grenoble as a rule
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I always find the out in the sticks airports are a much more laid back affair, used to love Luton before it became somthing it's not. This and last year out form East Midlands, I almost garentee from the moment you walk through the terminal doors (ok time needs to be taken into account for parking etc) you will have disposed of your luggage and have a beer in your hand within 20mins!

Viva le budget airlines and airports! Very Happy
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Smokin Joe, We get very confused in the SW. I once got on the wrong plane in Plymouth. I got on the Manchester flight instead of the Gatwick flight (to great hilarity from the rest of our party). You might ask why 2 stewards (one at the gate and one on the plane) let me get on it - they did check my boarding card.

JT, Agree - we only fly in and out of GVA on weekdays. Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
erica2004, Friend of ours did the same at Durham Tees Valley. She wanted to go to Newquay but somehow got on the BMI flight to Paris CDG. It was only when the pilot welcomed everyone on board that she twigged. She was with a friends 12 yr old son, who had no passport. They had to open the doors and drag some steps up. She was only convinced after confirming with 3 adjacent passengers that they were planning on flying to CDG.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
last year we flew out from birmingham at xmas
parked the car and arrived at the airport with 2.5 hrs to get checked in
15 minutes before our flight was meant to leave we got checked in
the worst airport ive used
bristol used to be good when it used to be a small airport
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I have only ever flown with EJ from Luton and to date, can't fault them, I use the purple parking site, mainly because of the very generous cashback from Quidco Very Happy , and have found that out of the 3 times I have used it, from parking, to the airport took no more than 20 mins, going through everything to go airside has also never taken very long, possibly because we have always been there prior to the check in desk openeing. This year, I picked up 5 audit jobs to do, all airside and had time to do them all Smile when we came to board the plane, there were a lot of large groups and the plane appeared quite full, but the staff were excellent and made sure my Daughter could sit with me, as soon as the cabin crew explained we had to sit together, passengers were only too happy to move.

I think, if you book a budget airline, you should expect budget standards, anything extra is a bonus, ok, the food onboard is on the expensive side, but there is nothing to stop people buying their own food for the journey before they even leave home for the holiday.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
telford_mike, Agree about Geneva. We flew out on 28th with EJ. Being as flying is my least favourite thing, I like to give myself loads of time. We were checked in 2 hours before, using the bizzo self check in, but did get there about 8.20am. We then had quite a long queue through passport control [be warned - about 20 mins] and found we had quite a remote gate for our flight which ultimately involved a walk that took us out to level with the World Trade Center. This must have took about 20 mins and then we had the hilarity of security. No one to check female passengers, so I had to march through the sensor with my arms out in front of me [fat hands, can't get bangle off]. Not sure how that works...! Evil or Very Mad

I hate Geneva airport. Evil or Very Mad It ingests liquids... Furcoats and no knickers. And that's just the men. Evil or Very Mad
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy