Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

How do I buy Carré Neige insurance...

Poster: A snowHead
...when I’ve ordered the lift passes though the TO (a lot cheaper than online due to current exchange rates!).
Can the TO shop cope with this, can I upgrade/buy with Carré Neige on the transfer bus to 3V, can I 'upgrade' once in Les Menuires.

Thanks in advance.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Scud, go to the ticket office, show them your pass and buy the carre neige as an add on - your rep might do it for you if s/he is takign orderso nt eh bus. if the passes are already bought I would DIY.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Scud, if you buy the CN separately from your pass, be sure to carry the till receipt with you, to show you've paid - it's marked on the pass if they're bought together.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
pam w, actually, even though I bought mine together with the pass, I was still told to keep the till receipt with me at Les Deux Alpes.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
The TO will absolutely not offer you Carre Neige or equivalent - they want you to buy whatever insurance they are peddling themselves. You can add it on at the lift pass office, but you may not be able to do this if you leave it more than a day - go asap if you want the insurance.

achilles, we tell you to keep the receipt in case you lose or break the pass, because without it we won't give you a new one.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Lizzard, I was told to keep my receipt on me with my ski pass when on the mountain, which seemed strange because it would mean more chance of losing both, rather than keeping my receipt safe in my hotel room Puzzled
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
rayscoops, the advice is to keep the pass in one pocket and the receipt in another. If you lose the pass the receipt will get you another from control/the lift office without your having to trek back to the hotel.

Clearly no-one is listening to anything we say to them. I suspected as much. Laughing
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Lizzard, gotcha. And ASSURANCE was marked on the pass, as pam W said.

Quote:
Clearly no-one is listening to anything we say to them. I suspected as much. Laughing

Or that our French is rubbish. I did get the keep the receipt bit. Like rayscoops, I thought it was to be kept with the pass.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Lizzard, all the way back to Lutins wink what if I lose my coat ? just seems more sense to leave it at the hotel and eliminate the risk of losing it at all, because, as you say, if you lose the receipt you will not get a new pass. I was under the impression that you needed the receipt as proof of insurance, but if it is marked on the ski pass as 'insurance paid', i will risk the inconvenience of going back to the hotel to get the receipt rather than risk losing the receipt from my pocket because I lose most things from my pocket when I forget to zip them up Sad Very Happy
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
rayscoops, you do whatever you like with your receipt. And make sure your Mum has sewn your name into your coat as well.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I didn't know anything else about the carre neige at the EoSB last year. The receipts were given out wrapped round the pass with an elastic band, and I was advised to leave as is and just slip in my left hand jacket pocket. I did as advised and I believe the receipt is still attached to the old pass in my drawer with its band Laughing Laughing
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
My OH lost my season pass before I'd even used it - thanks to having the receipt (separately!) I got a new one in 10 minutes and wasn't even charged the modest admin fee, thanks to our local ski pass salesperson (our local version of Lizzard, except she's French, and if she speaks one word of English she's never let on to me. For the first two seasons she never smiled, except one day when she told me there was too much wind to run the chairlift, after I'd skied down there with no way back home except to walk. But now she's positively smiley and chatty. Just takes her time making friends. wink)
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Rayscoops - when my husband had an accident on piste in Val Thorens we needed to show the carre neige receipt before any assistance was forthcoming from the pisteurs and medical centre even though it said avec assurance on our passes. As we were staying at Orelles it would have taken several hours to get back to the hotel and drive 2 hours round to the medical centre.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
skim wrote:
Rayscoops - when my husband had an accident on piste in Val Thorens we needed to show the carre neige receipt before any assistance was forthcoming from the pisteurs and medical centre even though it said avec assurance on our passes. As we were staying at Orelles it would have taken several hours to get back to the hotel and drive 2 hours round to the medical centre.

Lizzard - serious question - bearing in mind above quote from skim - what is your understanding at L2A? do you need your receipt with your pass (even if you bought them together) to receive assistance? because it was explained to me at the office quite forcefully to keep the receipt with me and it did not seem purely advice for my convenience of getting a new pass; for some reason I have it in my head that you needed the receipt for assistance and I think that idea is lurking in the depth of my (little) brain from a discussion at the VT EOSB last year
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Thanks for the replies all.

If anyone is interested in some of the detail of Carré Neige it can found here: http://www.carreneige.com/index.php/carre-neige-cover-2008/2009.html
Download a pdf here: http://www.carreneige.com/index.php/download-the-brochure.html
snow conditions
rayscoops, to my knowledge, our secouristes are not in the habit of leaving bodies littering the piste just because they can't find a piece of paper with the word 'assurance' written on it. Let's be sensible here. rolling eyes
snow conditions
Lizzard wrote:
...Let's be sensible here. rolling eyes

Here here.
I don't think any rescue service would leave a injured person on a mountain once they have been found - that would be total madness. But the method of removal of victim from said mountain may well depend on the print on the [offered] insurance document.

I think the main point, for me, is what happens when the victim is recovered from the mountain, and then placed into the hands of private companies (for transport to treatment services etc). There a few documented examples, on this very forum, of victims not being transported (for treatment) until the method of payment is sorted out (usually cash and not credit card etc) - to me this is not an acceptable risk or situation.
And so I am prepared to pay an extra GBP 16 each per week, for Carré Neige. I'm not happy about it, especially has I've already paid for holiday insurance with winter sports cover, but hey if it means me or my other half gets the speedy treatment we [hopefully will never] need, I will pay. After all an extra GBP 32 on a GBP 1400 holiday is fairly small beer.

And yes I will carry the receipt!
snow conditions
I had an accident last year at the EOSB. i have ripped my ACL. I had my ski pass on me but not the receipt. Talltone called for help and a man with an orange stretcher turned up Embarassed
I was bundled in and taken to the medical centre. The took me skis away and told me i could collect them from somewhere else. I had to take the receipt there. so basically they held my skis hostage.

Considering i had damaged my knee, I was very lucky when a nice frenchman offered me a lift to the pick up place and then drove me back again.

So you dont need to carry the receipt. You just need to show it at some point.
snow conditions
taratibu2, Hiya - how's your knee now - any improvement?
ski holidays
holidayloverxx, hi, how are you? i've only ripped the ACL not torn it completely, so the surgeon wont operate. he says i cant ski or run or do basically anything.
I'm thinking about consulting a solicitor. surely by leaving my an invalid when there is a cure, he is breaching my human rights.

I'm 99% sure i'll be coming to the EOSB. I am going to get a good brace. but then i'm not sure if i'll be able to get holiday insurance because even the physio says i shouldnt go skiing. I think she is covering her petit bottom and who can blame her. A private physio might be more supportive.
snow conditions
With the Paradiski online booking (and reload for subsequent years or trips) , there is no chance of getting a till receipt (although you do get an email). It some respects it is a lot easier to prove 'loss' than older 1shot systems as both I and they have absolute proof of my pass number and all the bookings I have ever made on it - indeed a bit big brotherish (the girl at the window last week, when I was talking to the SMA about other things, asked if my wife and daughter were having a non-skiing holiday since I hadn't renewed their cartes - it was a boys week, and no, I don't think she was fishing, unless blind and desperate).

However, the pisteurs / ambulance staff are able to scan the carte with portable NFC reader devices, and read off that you have the insurance.

With a little bit of thread drift, I am interested this time around in the Carte Neige, (rather than the Carre) - I expect 4 weeks within the next annual period, albeit not all in the same season - but understand you can only get it from Ski-clubs?

What news anyone on this version of the insurance?
snow report
JimW, when I bought my Paradiski season pass online there was an option to buy Carte Neige at the same time, so presumably you can buy it via the SMA. I didn't take that option because I'd already bought the annual policy in Tignes (which is where I first skied this season), but I think it is possible.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy