Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Resorts not as busy as usual this week...?

Poster: A snowHead
Kinda following on from the credit crunch doom and gloom thread. Just been scooting through lots of resort webcams and the weather looks perfect in France/Switzerland/Western Italy this week, but the pistes look empty. It must be some kind of sick joke that the year of the best snow in ages coincides with the year that hardly anyone can afford to enjoy it...
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Is that really true? All of our chalets are rammed full as usual for a Feb half term - and staff have commented on queues...I wouldn't say hardly anyone has gone!
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Just commenting on how the webcams looked. Couldn't see any lift queues or especially busy pistes. Maybe everyone's having dinner...?
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
However, just seen the Les Arcs webcam, now that does look busy...
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
both trips I've taken so far this season seemed busier then usual, more Brits and hordes of Poles and Czechs...webcams are always deciptive depends how often they refresh, and where they are placed.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
queen bodecia, I know what you mean - I thought that looking at the webcams of our resort yesterday, but I spoke last night to friends who've borrowed our apartment, and they said it was all pretty busy, though queues haven't been too bad. When I tried to help a fellow snowHead find an apartment in the resort for this week (many months ago) it proved very difficult - they were all booked.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
you should lookat the risoul webcam in the morning, it's heaving. Shocked
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I was talking to a friend of mine in Chamonix yesterday and he was saying that it is as busy as normal but there does not seem to be as many British skiers around compared to previous years Puzzled
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Plenty of skiers on the Serre Chevalier pistes this afternoon.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Quote:

there does not seem to be as many British skiers around compared to previous years

A snowhead staying in Les Saisies emailed me yesterday to say that his wife's ski instructor had said he'd never heard so much English round the slopes as this half term. Perhaps with the growth of DIY and wider awareness of the range of resorts out there, British skiers are going to be more spread out, rather than all piling into the same few resorts every year? That would actually be a very good thing for the resorts, as I think many British skiers are more inclined to travel in the quiet periods than are the French ones. I can't comment on the holiday habits of Austrians, Italians or others.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
The 3V has been very quiet this week (relatively speaking), considering it's both English and Parisian holidays
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Bellecote today at 15.15

And... at 13.15, when the Frenchies are eating their lunch

snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
bar shaker, omg, not knowing this resort, is that actually two queues? Shocked
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Ok now I've seen the other one and without the ants......

I've managed to avoid half term skiing so far, I must remember the first photo if I ever get persuaded. Mind you, New Year was much busier this year in PDS
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
bar shaker, that queue is obscene. People do that for pleasure? And pay money? Shocked
snow report
Lou wrote:
bar shaker, omg, not knowing this resort, is that actually two queues? Shocked

It looks like its the queue for the arpette lift on the left hand-side as you can see the double gates feeding into it - it is an 8 pack though, and the sign on the outer gate says '7 minutes wait from here' but it looks pretty packed.

At the back those are quesuing probably for one of about 3 lifts, probably Les Blanchets or perhaps collosses, and to the right (out of pic) is the queue for the roche de mio.

It is a bit of a bottleneck thats for sure...
snow conditions
bertie bassett,
Quote:

...and totally avoidable, unless you are staying in Bellecote of course Toofy Grin
Seems busier today as the sun was shining on the fresh snowfall from last night, I guess the beginners have all got off the Nursery slopes and up the mountain Confused
snow report
Boredsurfing wrote:
bertie bassett,
Quote:

...and totally avoidable, unless you are staying in Bellecote of course Toofy Grin

or trying to get back to Les Arcs?

How long are you around for - we should meet up for a ski!
snow report
Must just be here then, maybe we've scared everyone off - or maybe everyone has bought into the press of St Gervais as being innconvenient, poor snow, unchallenging, expensive etc etc etc.! Definitely nowhere near as busy as last year half term and that wasn't 'stupid' by any stretch. (though can't comment on today as I've spent it toing and froing to Stansted airport) Haven't been over to Megeve proper this week but St Gervais, St Nicolas, Jaillet, La Giettaz and Combloux have been offering numerous slopes where the only person I'm fighting for space is The Bogee. 3 mins 32 seconds is still the longest record for a lift queue this week for us.
latest report
hellooo bar shaker, cant believe the pics Shocked i've never seen those lifts like that but it did remind me of 'Soll' when lifts were terrible with our european 'friends wink pushing & prodding us in our backs Evil or Very Mad

hellooooo Annie, we will be in Saint Gervais this coming sat staying close to haute sovie so keep some of those 'ice flakes' for us pretty please with lots of sugar on top!!!!! wink
snow conditions
Blimmin' heck! I've never seen a lift queue like that before. Admittedly I never go away during the peak weeks. I think the worst lift queues I've encountered are around 5 mins for the main lift up the mountain in the morning. But I can easily solve that problem with an extra half hour in bed... Very Happy
latest report
Quote:

But I can easily solve that problem with an extra half hour in bed..

queen bodecia, Laughing
and skiing through the French lunch hour and then knocking off when the afternoon ski-school scrums get going.
latest report
11am Bellcote 15 min queue.........3pm Bellcote 20 mins in queue Evil or Very Mad
snow report
Last year in Les Carroz at half-term the queues were like that at several of the lifts - one in particular was really bad as most of the bottom of the Les Carroz area was closed so it was the only one 'out'. I think we queued about 20 mins - on my own I would have been quicker, but people kept stomping on the kids or shoving them out the way and they were 'filtering backwards'.

The runs down to that lift were lovely, but we avoided it after that as the kids were quite scared in the queue. Also 20 mins being forced to smoke other peoples smoke was horrible.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy