Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Now you can post a snow report by SMS!

Poster: A snowHead
Frosty the Snowman wrote:
I tested last night on the schladming thread but nothing has happened Puzzled Does that mean there is no snow?
Did you not get a text back telling you that you'd done it wrong?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
admin, last nioght I got the text message returned, today I got an error text, and when finally doing it right it appeared on the forum.

Appears to be working fine for me, operator error for the 1st 2 attempts Embarassed
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Test message. (via SMS)
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
- third time lucky (via SMS)
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
test (via SMS)
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
It works fine, I've just tested it on two different threads.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Out of interest, can you do an MMS with a picture?
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Sorry, no that's not possible.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
testing 123 (via SMS)
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Hmmm... couldn't do it from my US number? Says it's not registered, but I did as this thread asked...?
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
just a test (via SMS)
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Hi, I'm off to Jasper (Alberta, Canada) on 16 Feb. I'd like to contribute to the snow report forum via sms whilst I'm over there. I can't find a current thread amongst existing (ie I can't be bothered to check through all 74 pages in the topic to find out if there is one), so I'd like to start one if possible - as suggested at the top of this item, but how exactly do I do that please Puzzled Alternatively, if there is a quick way of searching through to find a topic for Jasper, I'd be happy if someone could tell me how - which will probably be something simple I've missed!
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
test (via SMS)
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
test before off to Morzine (via SMS)
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
scubadancer, bit later, sorry - but "Forum Search" at the top left. Just put "Jasper" in the page you get. Tick the right box if you want to search thread text as well.

Oh and to start one, just go the "Snow Reports" forum and click "New Topic".
ski holidays
TallTone, Thanks for that, although I returned from Canada last Thursday, so didn't see your reply in time I'm afraid. Just to say though, that this was my first ski trip outside of Europe and I will definitely be returning to North America for another go at some point. The conditions were excellent, and the facilities were superb. My trip to the Marmot Basin certainly made up for the relatively poor conditions I experienced in the Grand Massif last month. Although the resort is much further from Calgary than both Banff and Lake Louise, I suspect the remoteness made it less crowded and more relaxed than the aforementioned. Having said that, and after speaking with some of the locals, it would seem that most Canadian resorts are sparsely used compared to most European destinations. A word of warning though, make sure you take plenty of layers to wear - all the time I was there the temperature never rose above -12 degrees celsius, even on the sunny days!
snow report
TallTone, admin, i'm interested in what services you used to set this up?

david@mediacopy, is that your business? thanks for the link, will check it out
latest report
daehwons, we've done it ourselves, in-house. Well, in-Windymiller's-basement to be precise Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays
test [size=8:fed322034f\](via SMS)
snow conditions
admin, I tried a couple of times but forgot that I needed to have my phone number registered on the site Sad
But hey ho it saved snowHeads from me whingeing about the terrible queues in La Plagne, if we could post up photo's directly I could have put up pictures of the crowds as well Toofy Grin
ski holidays
test [size=8:dbc752dd85\](via SMS)
ski holidays
test1 (via SMS)
snow report
Hi I've tried to send post via SMS but got reply saying register mobile no on profile. I can't see where to do that on my profile page. Help please
snow report
Even if you're in Europe, dialing or txting a normal UK number from a UK mobile, without the 44 gubbins, while you're out there should still work. The networks are clever enough to work out what's what. If, however, you use a foreign sim when abroad, then you will need to the UK code.
snow report
I think that depends on phone, your operator, foreign operator. Works for some, but not for others. Think there was a thread on here discussing that, ages ago. I've always used an officially mandated +44xxxx type number for all numbers ever since GSM became available to the general public.
snow conditions
test (via SMS)
latest report
test sms (via SMS)
snow report
testing (via SMS)
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
As all contract phones are now fully inclusive of their allowances across the EU guessing this thread wont be relevent anymore! I mean...... who uses SMS nowadays! Laughing Laughing
snow conditions
let's try pissing in the wind (via SMS)
ski holidays
here's Meribel this morning - another big dump [url=/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=59848](via SMS)[/url]
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy