Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Flying with avalanche airbag systems

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
@BobinCH, that's good to know! You might have timed a Japan trip very well to avoid April in January over here!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Tui (Crystal) are now apparently refusing all cylinders. This is what I was told last week when my cylinder wasn’t allowed on board. Flight from East Midlands.
I hadn’t pre booked it tbf but the ground crew contacted Tui head office and were told it is their new policy .
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
scarbski,

Bad news, that! Sad What happened to your cylinder? Did you lose it? Puzzled
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
The check in staff were very helpful and really tried to argue my case , repeatedly called higher authority but they said no .
They marked my cylinder up with my details and left it with lost property for me to collect on return .
As it happens I’m in no need of the cylinder this week as anything off piste is ruined by the previous weeks rain Sad
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Bergmeister wrote:
"Not going to try taking it through as cabin baggage though, it's hard anough convincing airline staff what their own rules are, let alone adding rando security into the mix too."

We usually travel with our airbags as hand luggage. However, on the one occasion we packed them in our hold luggage we were called back to security at Newcastle, just as we were about to board, to explain what they were. Needless to say our checked luggage didn't make the flight (to Canada) but turned up 2 days later Sad .

Safer in hand luggage IMO where you’re only risk is the security scan as the airline staff won’t even see it (just reverse the trigger handle if you’re really worried when boarding). Mine (Litric) got zero attention from the security staff through multiple airports whereas a can of spray on wax was immediately spotted and binned.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@scarbski, best point them at their own documentation!!

https://www.tui.co.uk/editorial/editorial-downloads/Items-That-May-Be-Carried-By-Passengers.pdf
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@BobinCH, is right. In hand baggage. It has the benefit of knowing for sure whether your airbag has made it onto the flight or not. And it is definitely allowed from a security perspective - although I have had to explain what it is a few times!. As he says, security don't know and don't care which airline you are travelling with.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
kitenski wrote:
@scarbski, best point them at their own documentation!!

https://www.tui.co.uk/editorial/editorial-downloads/Items-That-May-Be-Carried-By-Passengers.pdf

I did but they said their new policy was ‘non’ Sad
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
We have just flown on a Tui operated flight to Innsbruck, and ahead of travelling and after reading this and another thread regarding avalanche rescue backpacks, I phoned the Tui customer service number and explained that I’d like to take my mammut cylinder (as per their own guidlines) and in line with their operator approval process, and all was swell; I received an email within 24hrs confirming all is good.
..Nick
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Just went on to jet2 to try and print off their policy (usually just wrap the canister in a highlighted copy of the policy) for packing in the ski bag. Nothing on their website now and the old policy has been removed, but there are links to the IATA policy. Thats fine but got to love the 'prior approval of airline needed' when that'll mean a 30 min call on hold to speak to someone who hasnt got a clue and doesnt have the capacity to mark it against your booking anyway!

Always put the canister in the hold and my airbag as carry on. Usually get some confused or bemused questions but not been an issue over the last few years.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
In Vancouver airport security were sending back passengers with cartridges to the check-in desk demanding written confirmation from the airline (BA in this case) of agreement to carry them. Didn’t matter that they had proof for the outbound flight from LHR. Litric pinged the security scanner but when I explained it was a battery they waved it through
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy