Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

The view from............ Val d'Isere and the Espace Killy

Poster: A snowHead
red 27 wrote:
@Steve Angus,[b]

Maybe you can guide him down the Hahnenkamm if you're such a great judge of the right line?

He's one of our greatest ever skiers - you child-mind rich kids down blue slopes. Let that sink in

Wow. Is Graham really a Snowheader posting in disguise? Laughing
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Dr John wrote:
@Tangoman69, forecast is for high temperatures and no new snow. Means the pistes will be great in the morning, slushing up in the afternoon. To my mind that leans towards skiing, but it’s whatever you more comfortable using in the two different snow conditions.

Thanks. Son is saying he doesn't want to go back to skis.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I regularly ski at Hemel all year and I've seen Graham there several times teaching. A few months ago my missus fell on the slope and he was the first there, picked her up and helped her, so top marks to him.

I am however a little suspicious that she deliberately fell.... Toofy Grin
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Tangoman69 wrote:
Dr John wrote:
@Tangoman69, forecast is for high temperatures and no new snow. Means the pistes will be great in the morning, slushing up in the afternoon. To my mind that leans towards skiing, but it’s whatever you more comfortable using in the two different snow conditions.

Thanks. Son is saying he doesn't want to go back to skis.

Change your will. Toofy Grin
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Tangoman69 - agreed as Dr John suggests - whatever the vibe and will takes you! Doesnt really matter I wouldnt say either way!
king key - the thought had crossed my mind!

If in doubt repeat!

At first light it was pretty sunny and nice out there and with the morning duties done - sleeping in Bens bed as he was ill wasnt too much of an issue in the end - its more the length of his bed that annoys me - and I woke relatively refreshed! So I was off to the meeting point and it was game on. I had the heads up it was two good skiers for off piste and the plan was north and high BUT the issue was that there was some thick cloud threatening on and off. I could not go too high.

First up was a tester as we headed towards Fornet from the Mattis bus stop and whilst it was OK it was slightly heavier than I had anticipated it would be especially as we headed more westerly facing (it became more crunchy then too!). It was decided that altitude and pure north would be best!

So Laisenant Express followed by piste to Signal and up it was... we got to the top of the Pyramids poma and Grand Vallon was looking good. I used one of my secret routes down and the snow was ace actually... - space to get Winter powder still... and onwards and downwards some more. Finally hooking back towards the Signal it was understandably crusty and nasty! However a few variations were in store for them and the snow got better as I tweaked the route!

Bearing in mind they had done 4 ski trips in three different resorts this season and in 2 different continents including a ski touring trip they declared my morning was the best snow they had had all season - ill take that as a massive compliment! Thanks!

I did tire them out though as they were happy to be dropped off for a drink at Edelweiss restaurant about 15 minutes earlier before the lesson ended!

I made my way home and was supposed to have a meeting but it didnt work out in the end so have had a chilled afternoon which is just as well as we are about to embark on the last busy few weeks of the season - eeek! As soon as that winds down it will be time to get ready to move out and then the building work starts and there will also be the dreaded tax return to do as well - eeek!

Anyway was probably quite good that I was having a chilled one at home in the end as the weather moved in and it rained for a short while too!

I did have one interesting delivery though today and that was 100 (yes 100) packing boxes for all our stuff that we need to get out of this flat. I have also ordered many rolls of brown parcel tape, bubble wrap etc. Anyway it is all now here and we are ready to start packing soon!

This evening I was in charge of the kids and sorting them all out. Clare was off doing some massage work that she does from time to time. Im working in the morning and off in the afternoon tomorrow before some down time on Sunday (well unless I get booked which might happen)!

TTFN

This is where the PIDA slide at Fornet came down the other day - this was pretty thick forest a week back!

They'll be able to make this a piste before too long!

There is a reason pistes are closed - this was the natural release yesterday afternoon above the (at the time closed because of avalanche danger!) L Piste from Solaise down to Laisenant. The pisteurs often close this run and others like it (e.g. Santons) because of this danger on warm Spring afternoons for example!

Thanks to the pisteurs for managing all this (and the photos!)
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Well that was unexpected!

I woke quite early this morning for some reason but when I looked out the window I was quite surprised - there was some fresh snow on the ground - perhaps 5cm.

I was in charge of getting the kids to Club des Sports this morning; Olivia was excited as she had a timed race to compare herself against all the other kids in years above and below in the Club so that was something to look forward to and they were being allowed to wear their cart suits for the first time for it! She was hoping she would pip some of the older girls and boys too. Ben was looked forward to some powder skiing!

Anyway ultimately he had fun and she was disappointed as there was a lot more snow than forecast out there so the timing was cancelled - would not be fair or safe potentially on later runners!

I met an old client of mine ive skied with on and off for many years and it was so lovely catching up with her and hearing her news and going on. We decided that we would work on some carving as well as some moguls later in the session when it would (inevitably) get rather churned up! We also had 4 hours lesson time today so ended up doing about 2.5 hours on carving and 1.5 hours on moguls - legs were somewhat tired after all that!

For the first hour or so it was totally deserted up there and there was also a LOT more snow than forecast - 15cm or so up top... it was (initially before it warmed up when the clouds totally parted - although they were never really a problem) lovely and light cold powder as well! Where was everyone - it was perfect conditions.... ah yea I remember - Saturday thats where everyone was!

So we enjoyed carving drills and plenty of work on building a platform and working from the ground upwards in her carving rather than inclining too early! The nice thing about teaching someone who has had a lot of lessons is that they get it... they understand how much more tweaking they need to make to their skiing to be the best they can. They also understand what good skiing is too!

By the time we had finished with the moguls part of the lesson it was pretty hot and the snow was rather churned up!

Anyway I skied home and she headed home and I might be meeting up with her and her husband later in the week for more teaching - they own a place here so they can pick and chose lesson dates and times!

I enjoyed the ski racing on tv at lunchtime - Go Michaela and Clare had been getting the kids back from Club meanwhile, feeding them and getting them back!

We then had a good few hours at home by ourselves and I even sat on the balcony for a short while as it was so nice out there!

It should be overcast tomorrow and the weather will come and go all week!

This evening with the kids home we have had some card games, dinner and of course watched the rugby!

TTFN
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Hi could anyone let me know that if I purchased a full area lift pass from tignes that I could start my skiing day in valdisere (my accommodation is there) ? Currently tignes is offering 30%reduction in prices in end of season promotion . I would be on the slopes 14th April to 19th . It seems you cannot buy a 6 day pass at the reduced rate .but a combination of 4 days or less ok .
Appreciate ANY ADVICE .
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I would imagine that you wont be able to use the tignes offer as you will need the val pass to get into the ski area...... you could get the bus round to tignes and buy it there on your first day..... I think that a bus goes between the resorts twice a day..... if you have a car then drive I guess?
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@ajc2260626, thanks . @Chocksaway has updated info on his thread .
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
A nice day off

I would say I had a nice lie in... well I did but it was sudden wake up because the kids were awake and arguing and burst in to get a resolution from Clare.... anyway we enjoyed the usual Sunday leisurely breakfast and it was pretty chilled!

I have managed to watch the whole of both the mens and the ladies SL / GS events on TV today which was a bit of a treat but one of the main events of the day was both Olivia and Ben having friends around. Now that is quite chaotic and stressful - trying to keep the peace between them all and continually tidying up after them. Eek! Anyway it just about passed OK and Clare made a special lunch for 4 hungry kids - Toad in the whole, with mash and peas followed by crumble - oh yes our kids French friends certainly got a taste of England today! Brilliant! They loved it!

So after all that Olivia did some homework, Ben and his friends played in the snow downstairs and I tidied up.

When Ben came back upstairs a small rash on his body had suddenly spread to his face etc. It was nearly the end of the playdate anyway so Clare took Ben and his friend (dropping him home on the way to the Docs) to the Doc's. We suspected it was a heat rash and the docs agreed so he was given something and he came home.

Meanwhile the weather was a bit up and down today but nothing too bad!

Not a photo from today but it could have been at the moments when the clouds did part which was a couple of times.

So tomorrow is the start of another weeks work. 4 more weeks of work to go.... about 110 teaching hours to go! Then its game on!

TTFN
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Well guys, just got back from Val after a fantastic week.

I'd been trying to get my mate to commit to a lesson but until the sun shone on Monday he was being reticent. So in the evening I'm in Snowberry emailing the TDC office manager Anna, but quelle surprise, @Steve Angus is all booked up. Rather disappointed but serves us right.
We ended up taking the Tuesday afternoon slot with an instructor called Giles. Tuesday lunch we're sitting in the restaurant at the bottom of Glacier thinking we've wasted our money, visibility was again rubbish with terribly flat light.
However, we really lucked out with this lesson. When you book an off piste lesson you hope that there'll be fresh tracks involved. We had over the knee freshies all afternoon in all sorts of terrain with excellent instruction and encouragement. My on piste skiing has improved throughout the week after just a couple of comments from Giles. What a really lovely bloke he was too, his comment of "well you've definitely got the skills in there somewhere, all we have to do it bring them out again" really made me laugh!
My confidence has been suffering a bit but when Giles said he'd happily take us on the Cugnai Grand if the vis even slightly improves (it didn't Sad ) gave me a huge lift.

I hadn't had a lesson for probably 8 years or so but still thought that I was improving (I was probably wrong). I can honestly say that the rest of the week went so much better after having three hours of top instruction.

The moral is, don't be disappointed if you can't get the instructor you want, don't even think of cancelling if the visibility is really poor, you may just have the best lesson of your life!

So, @Steve Angus, really sorry to have missed you for the second time of trying but please pass on huge thanks to Giles.

BTW, we went with Inghams to the Duc de Savoie, the staff were great, the food was amazing, and the beds were really comfy. I'd happily stay there again but I'm told Inghams/Esprit might be giving it up next year?

Had some great chair lift chats, people always want to talk about the BBRs.
Talked with an ex-ski racer who's had over 15 operations on his knees, but has now had "material regeneration" done so now skis without any brace at all. Very interesting as I can't ski without my Mojos. He skied BBRs over 10 years ago and it was great to compare notes with someone who actually knows what they are on about!
Talked to a lovely french guide on his way down to Bonneval with some clients...so jealous I was!
Also chatted with a lovely french couple who own an apartment, Mdme has been coming to Val for 62 years since she was six. I'm pretty sure she was saying that when she was younger and there weren't so many lifts, she used to do the Bonneval route with her family!

I'm still on a high about it despite finding when unpacking, the base on one of my skis being rubbed through due to vibration during the trip home and it looks like it's de-laminating too. I so love my BBRs! Sad Sad
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Quick question, found a good deal for Val D'isere (can still cancel my booking in Tignes until the end of today)-

How much of a pain is it to work from near the tourist office to the snow front, with skis and wearing boots.

Secondly, on the last day we should be able to get in a good bit of skiing before heading back to Geneva airport, the Solaise pass looks like it fits the bill, which lifts are covered by this lift pass?

Thanks
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@dorhar, in answer to your 1st question - I have stayed in Alpina Lodge twice and hotel le Val D'Isere once, all near the tourist office, and it's not too bad a walk at all, just have to be careful you don't slip crossing the road! Takes about 5 mins.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Quote:

Talked with an ex-ski racer who's had over 15 operations on his knees, but has now had "material regeneration" done so now skis without any brace at all.

@gixxerniknik, do you have any idea where he had it done, surgeon's name and what exact process? Think this is going to be something we have to consider fairly soon. Sad Initial research has shown this 'industry' to be a bit of minefield, so real life successes are always interesting.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@sj1608, Sorry, not a lot of help, he did tell me where I've just forgotten. All I remember is that he had it done in the UK in a place beginning with "A" I think!

He said he was one of the first to have it done. He described the process as drilling through the bone multiple times to inject blood plasma (gained from centrifuging blood) into the area where the cartilage should be. The body realises that it needs to produce bone where the holes are but is apparently tricked into producing cartilage instead somehow.
Six weeks off the feet completely with an exact, intensive physio afterwards which must be adhered to. Possibly months off work depending on what your profession is. He also said that even though you can use it after a while, the full recuperation took about 5 years!
He must have been one of the first as I'm pretty sure Southampton Uni were doing research and trials in about 2017.

He actually described it as a miracle cure and has since thrown away his knee braces and mojos!

If you are seriously considering it, I'd have a chat to Dr. Jonathon Bell in Wimbledon who posts on here sometimes. I went to see him a few years ago about it. If/when I retire I'll be giving him a call as my life style just doesn't let me take that much time off however much my knees complain. (My knees are the size of honeydew melons after last week!)

In the meantime I would recommend you look into a skimojo, I couldn't ski without mine, but you can do a search on here for that topic.
snow conditions
@gixxerniknik, thanks very much. It's my husband rather than me, and he is already a big Ski Mojo fan, really can't ski without it. Definitely one to research more after the season is over.
latest report
@gixxerniknik,

You say you couldn't ski without using a skimojo. I use knee supports when skiing but when I take them off I have problems walking. That's why I have discounted the use of the skimojo. Can you walk OK without any "support"?

I've already accepted with the fact that I'll have to stop skiing sooner than later. I suppose I should be talking to my GP about the state of my knees.
snow report
gixxerniknik - thanks for the lovely report. It made me warm inside! I have passed on your thanks etc to Giles and the wonderful words you used are very true re - have a lesson no matter what.... today was a case in point I think - more on that in a second!
dorhar - yes as dunc999 says its very easy... even though it might be a little OTT consider taking the bus as it passes so you can then get off at the Rond Pont des Pistes and ski to the Olympic etc... skiing / walking home is simples too!

WET but worth it

When I opened the curtains this morning it was looking rather wet and blurgh out there. Realtively warm too! However it was Monday morning madness getting the kids ready for school and out the door. Clares client cancelled so she did not have to bear the weather this morning but I was off out. I took shelter wherever I could away from the rain etc... it was going to be rain in town but snow at altitude thats for sure!

I had a couple that I taught last year - both qualified instructors in their own right actually and wanting to develop a few bits we worked on last year. In all honesty it was going to be a case of working on whatever we could given the conditions and probably also working on variables too / moguls given the snow and amount that had fallen!

I went as reasonably high as I could - up Bellevarde and the plan was to stay high... did not want rain (more) queues and more lumpy snow lower down to La Daille. However there was a punchy wind and driving snow up there! Anyway we did our best all morning and it was pretty OK in the end although I was pretty cold by the end of the morning as I made my way to Le Lac as I was meeting a random Tignes lesson (a colleague was ill!) over there! It was lovely to take refuge in the Maison de Tignes away from the weather for an hour but my gloves were really really wet!

After lunch I met my pm session which was a couple from the States who have lived and worked most of their adult life in Switzerland but had never had a lesson even though one was a L1 qualified instructor or something! The original plan had been to do some off piste but there was no way it would be possible in those conditions so instead we did some short turns and then more moguls!

The weather was slightly better this afternoon but still drizzle. By the end of the afternoon I was totally soaked through everywhere and even my pack had puddles inside it and when I mean I was soaked through I mean it - despite wearing my trench coat too! Doh!

This evening it has been the usual getting the kids sorted but mainly trying to dry out.

Im TOTALLY shattered this evening - a long, cold and hard days skiing but one thing I did re-affirm today - make the most of the weather and ALWAYS understand that you can improve no matter what the conditions etc! In fact both am and pm lessons they all commented that today was the ideal day for a lesson and that it motivated them and that when the weather improves it will be all the more easier!

Sorry not very inspired this evening and need a rest!

TTFN

The view at lunch at the Maison de Tignes
ski holidays
@Steve Angus, Don't move back to England Steve. It seems to have been raining here since July 2023!
ski holidays
@welshflyer, I can walk fine mostly. I have hardly any cartilage left under both my kneecaps so for example running is too painful. I can ski without them, but after a short time it hurts too much. With the Mojos I can ski all week.
I do a bit of yoga type stuff to strengthen the muscles around the knees.
latest report
Coming down with something

I know I say it quite often but im totally stuffed this evening - I think its the heat.

Anyway ill very quickly tell you the day and post some pics then im off to bed!

Slept OK and nothing more.

Went to office to get off piste packs then met my team a young dad in his late 20's from Sweden (but he's english) and his brother in law of similar age from the UK!

Did the safety talk as one had never been off piste and we headed up.

A tester off Verte showed it needed a lot more time. We went east in the Jardins de Borsat and it was perfect timing. I decided a Super Santons and out before the Gasex control hut and being south that was lovely and creamy - perfect! Based on that we did another variation of Jardins Borsat but the lovely south side which was awesome - no tracks anywhere and the team loved the 'powder' feel! As they were getting the technique and vibe of how to ski that sort of off piste I decided a Tour du Charvet was in order! Way out wide in the sunshine.... the less steep steeps and then some lovely very skiable shallow slush pow. It was perfect. Although getting out and river hopping and then navigating a lot of avalanche debris we got to the Manchet for a lift ride and late lunch at Datcha!

After lunch (the various av rescue dogs are training up Solaise at the moment so we were joined by their handlers for lunch!) we went pure north and then west but didnt drop too low in the Col du Madeleine! It was awesome out there and the north pitches were proper winter powder - amazing!

I finished at 1600 and had to meet Clare as we had a school meeting the two of us - it was gone 1730 before we got out of there. I felt pretty rough on the way home but agreed to have a shower and turn around to head back out to get Ben from Judo!

So finally the kids are in bed and ill be joining them any moment!

TTFN

snow conditions
I needed that!

I had a mixed sleep in the end... often hot or too cold and woken too easily! Anyway I did sleep OK but this morning I really did not have the energy (or passion) to teach so reluctantly I pulled the plug on my am lesson! I just had a very very lazy morning - well we all did as we had decided no one would ski and Clare was off anyway! So a chilled morning not doing a lot.

I did venture out to return some off piste packs and then popped up the mountain (La Daille gondola) to record my weekly snow report. All good!

I had a snooze on the sofa and was in charge of the kids for dinner time as Clare had to pop out but once again I am going to have an early night shortly. Tomorrow I am booked all day so need to be bang on form!

Meanwhile the snow out there was similar to yesterday and the sun was generally shining. I think it will be largely similar tomorrow before deteriorating on Friday and over the weekend.

Didnt manage to snap a photo today (forgot to will use Radio Vals pic instead!).

TTFN

The various Haute Tarantaise avalanche dogs are training up Solaise this week

The freestyle even that has been on the bottom of the Face this week.
snow conditions
Four seasons in one day

I was feeling better this morning although still a little jaded. However enough to teach! Phew!

The kids off on the school bus on what looked like a cloudy day! There was drizzle around too! Apparently some wind at altitude and lots of clouds!

I got to the meeting point and met my all day booking which was some long term clients I have skied with lots over the years. They have also skied with colleagues of mine loads and the plan for today was a really general technique development! They have a daughter who is also a qualified instructor so they know that ongoing lessons and development always helps!

We decided that trying to be high and with the weather looking better towards Fornet we went that way! We did some carving in pretty flat light up Solaise and decided to try heading over to Fornet... well that was worse as the wind up there was fierce and then the light got worse! Change of plans of technique as we did some short radius work on a lovely Arcelle and then down Plan M but by now it was 1300 and lunch was calling!

We had a lovely lunch at Empreinte but after an hour we left and the weather was worse.... by now we had had wind, clouds, snow and sleet and it wasnt even that cold either generally! We had thick fog and then headed over towards Tommeuse as wanted to do some bumps which was decent but I could tell legs were getting tired so we decided to call it a day. As we skied to La Daille the clouds totally parted and it was glorious sunshine! Bonkers weather! All in all though a good day!

I quickly met up with a friend who is also a client as he had very kindly brought some Easter goodies for us!

After that it has been the usual evening getting the kids sorted etc.

Tomorrow I am teaching in the morning and then its Bourg in the afternoon for some shopping before we gear up for the school hols! Haha!

Right off to bed for one more early night!

TTFN

Note also the large amount of natural slides all along east (and west out of shot) aspects!
snow conditions
Nice meeting you on the slopes today @ Steve Angus Very Happy
ski holidays
I skied over to Val today from Tignes 1800 - hard work!

So warm, and the snow pack very wet and heavy.
snow conditions
red 27 wrote:
I skied over to Val today from Tignes 1800 - hard work!

So warm, and the snow pack very wet and heavy.

Did you say hi to your mate Steve as you passed by?
ski holidays
@red 27, just imagine doing it with rich kids in tow.
snow report
I’m back DJing at Le Palet, Tignes today. 12-3.30pm.
Come and say hi, if you are local.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@Ski lots, Grim Skullie Skullie
snow report
Had an amazing week in Val and met Chemmy Alcott in Cocorico yesterday!

Hotel Ducs du Savoie was great again. I think next year it’ll just be Inghams and not Esprit which will be better.

Lovely to finally meet @harvsurrey as well!

The only downside was a skier crashed into me at speed from behind on the Val glacier yesterday. I thumped into the piste very hard on my face. Luckily nothing was broken but it knocked the breath out of me and left me quite shaken. The guy skied straight off as well, didn’t stop or ask if I was ok, just carried on. And he knew he’d hit me. A******. Too many people hooning around yesterday.

Had a miserable coach journey to Chambery early this morning with screaming and puking kids on the coach. Worst transfer ever as one of the puking kids was behind me.

Now waiting out a seven hour delay, sigh.
ski holidays
HoneyBunny wrote:
Had an amazing week in Val and met Chemmy Alcott in Cocorico yesterday!

Hotel Ducs du Savoie was great again. I think next year it’ll just be Inghams and not Esprit which will be better.

Lovely to finally meet @harvsurrey as well!

The only downside was a skier crashed into me at speed from behind on the Val glacier yesterday. I thumped into the piste very hard on my face. Luckily nothing was broken but it knocked the breath out of me and left me quite shaken. The guy skied straight off as well, didn’t stop or ask if I was ok, just carried on. And he knew he’d hit me. A******. Too many people hooning around yesterday.

Had a miserable coach journey to Chambery early this morning with screaming and puking kids on the coach. Worst transfer ever as one of the puking kids was behind me.

Now waiting out a seven hour delay, sigh.

Really sorry to hear about your crash - how the f*** can someone do this and just ski off. It makes my blood boil. Good luck with your 7 hour wait at Chambery - ouch.
ski holidays
@HoneyBunny, Good job, I didn't see your a****** when I was up there yesterday. I take it you were n the Southampton that diverted this morning and made some curious patterns in the air before landing at Lyon. Did you transfer to the afternoon one - or was it a rescue flight??
snow conditions
Tangoman69 - sorry it was brief but yes always nice to see people who read my blog etc! Thanks
bar shaker - hope it went well
HoneyBunny - well glad (on the whole) you had a great week... pity re the incident! Hope you have now made it back OK. Next time eh!
franga - me too re blood boil!

Apologies

Those observant amongst you will notice that I didnt post last night which is INCREDIBLY rare for me. Well in short I think it over did it so needed another early night!

The sun had been shining and I had a guy who had tried to teach himself some 20 years back as a teenager but apart from that had never tried skiing! So it was magic carpet time and by the end of the session he was enjoying some turns on the long magic carpet so well done! However it was super hot and I was feeling the heat taking its toll on me!

At the end it was a mega quick turnaround before jumping in the car to head to Bourg!

Down there it was about 20C. Anyway I collected a food shop and a little top up shop (we are tappering what we buy as we try and empty our stores out as much as possible as we head towards 'the move' out) but then had a to collect a fridge I had ordered to be collected as the one in our little rental place has gone pop!

So after coming back up, unloading, getting the fridge installed and then putting the car away I was a walking wreck... and then still had to sort kids for bed and all that as Clare had an important meeting she needed to go to - eeek! I could not wait to get into bed as you can imagine.

In all fairness I slept OK so felt OK this morning but the weather outside looked horrendous so was glad I had not been booked today and since I need to take tomorrow off anyway (Clare is working) it will hopefully be 2 full days out of ski boots!

So today... well Clare was working anyway so got the kids to club meeting point. I had some housework jobs to do and planned to chill. Today was a big day as Olivia had the end of season 'rankings' race - basically all of the Club des Sports U12 and U10 race the same course on the Raye down into La Daille! The idea is the club can see how they are all getting on etc and the weaker ones are invited to reconsider racing and those doing well pushed into the more targeted race groups! Anyway conditions were hardly great weather wise but the race went ahead and they started with the youngest kids (those born in 2016 and worked towards those born in 2012 at the top end! Olivia being born in 2014 but with A surname and 2 small groups years above she was bib 14 out of 50 odd. Anyway she smoked it and was fastest girl in the first run and 5th fastest overall which is incredible! There were a few DNS but some great results there really were! The second run which was a carbon copy of the first went even better....

Now bearing in mind the weather, me not feeling great and wanting to look after myself I stayed at home and used my birthday present of really powerful binoculars on my tripod to watch the race and results come up live in front of my eyes from the warmth of my living room - perfect! Anyway I needed to check my focus several times on that second run as the top half dozen on the first run were about 45/46 secs something like that and I was seeing a 43.... come up in the distance and I was not sure it was not actually a 48......

But yes she was fastest on the second run beating all comes which meant overall in the Val d'Isere U12 category she was fastest girl and 3rd fastest overall.... so pretty!

Onwards and upwards to the next challenge now my dear!

I collected the kids as they both ended up finishing in La Daille and got lunch in them. Took them back up for the pm and then by now the weather was quite nice to got a little fresh air.

At the day end Clare had another meeting to talk about Club des Sport next year for Olivia and I took Ben for a very short little play date with a friend!

And this evening it has all been home to sort and get the tired kids into bed and I need another early night as the cough I have really takes it out of me - annoying! One more day to get fighting fit ready for the Easter week -eeek!

TTFN

Spotted those today - they are almost as old as me!

Meanwhile Bens Club des Sport kids all went down the Vallee Perdu this morning - lots of fun for them!

Oh yea

Was quite nice by this afternoon!
ski holidays
Worst week for us ever in Val to be homest

Worst snow by miles, temps so high, and the punters get ever more chavvy.

Not to mention the Russians who seem to be back in force
ski holidays
@red 27, I’ve been here all season. Please tell me where all these Russians are, because I haven’t noticed them. Weather? Yes, that’s Val’s fault obviously. And as for chavvy punters, you sound exactly like one. Please feel free to visit elsewhere for your next trip.
latest report
Oh yeh snowHead snowHead
snow conditions
@Steve Angus, we’ll done both Ben and Olivia.
Proud parents snowHead
ski holidays
What is ‘chavvy’?
latest report
@sbooker, IIRC you antipodean types use Bogan for chav. Very Happy
snow report
@red 27, I don’t recognise your description. Great spring snow and powder available on piste on Thursday. Fully complete runs from the top of the glaciers all the way to Breviers. Obviously if you struggle with slightly heavier conditions closer to the valley you are not going to have as much fun as the rest of us.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy