Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Fantasy Ski Racer League

Poster: A snowHead
I had a great set of results this weekend, was 6th overall yesterday, and today after the mens I am now number 1 in Austria Madeye-Smiley Not often a Brit can say that, I may have to say it again
I AM RANKED NUMBER 1 IN AUSTRIA Madeye-Smiley Madeye-Smiley Madeye-Smiley Madeye-Smiley

thanks, that feels gooooooood wink
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Note for those selecting their racers for the slalom events next week - MARTINA Schild (the Swiss Racer) has gone back to switzerland for treatment on a bad back (disk problems). So she will not be racing in North America.

kooky, I was No.1 in Germany all through last season - not doing as well this season (yet but still beating the person who came second to me last year Toofy Grin ).
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
kooky, Only in the lead by 1 point from me young lady, lets see how the " Bode hoes" get on in the states, wouldn't it be a hoot to have a Brit and a Paddy 1 and 2 in Austria Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Race time again people - anyone any updates (that they are prepared to share) on injuries/withdrawls etc. I came across a site/page somewhere recently that gave updates on the racers but like a gobber I can't remember it. Very Happy
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
briand6868, Beat Feuz is out for the winter.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
rjs, Ta for that RJS - Robbie Dixon broken leg, Bode still out ?? , Lindsay Vonn still unwell ?
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Grange has delayed his start until the Val races. Kostelic did some outstanding times in training today. There are a couple of other minor injuries. Vonn is back on snow but I think she is playing head games with people, I think we will see her race this weekend, after all she has a ready made excuse if she does not do well wink

I'll update if I hear any more news. Sad about Feuz though, he had an infection/inflammation in the knee capsule if I have understood the reports I've read correctly. Out for the whole season is the feeling so far. Sad
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
How did everyone do this weekend?

Good weekend for me... Went from nearly 600th to 90th overall. Shocked Laughing

Now 3rd in Britain. Cool

Came 7th overall in the SG. 6/10 and 8/10 in the womens SL....gutted as my other two picks came 11th and 12th...so near to a clean sweep. Razz

Is everyone still playing?
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Good and bad for me not great on Saturday in either event but did well in Womens slalom 8/10 with 11th and 12th and 2 correct placings - alright in SG but went to 3 in Austria and 95 overall - the 2 racers from high bibs really did the damage in the downhill had 6/10 with 4 correct placings until then. Roll on next week.

Well done to Fattes 13 great result in womens slalom - 4th overall. Very Happy
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
briand6868, Sadly made a hash of the mens downhill, really cost me over the weekend, to much faith in the Austrians and Swiss Mad

Will have a look at it later as I have not had a chance yet, but next couple of stops should be really interesting.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Fattes13, Yep - I'm going to be taking more interest in current form rather than past performances/ranking.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
briand6868, That's what i've been doing. Pretty much ignoring past performances on the same hill.

Half the problem is not knowing how the course is going to be set out and who the coach is setting the gates. I think that makes a huge difference.

For example, if i'd known the SG course was going to be so tight and turney, then i would have included Ted Shred in the top 10... which proved correct with his performance on such a course.

Max Franz was probably a good example of current form.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
spud, I dont know for DH knowing the hill is a big deal, Svindal, Maier and Cuche have all proved that recently.

For Tech and GS yeah the course and form makes a difference, I don’t think anyone could have predicted Scott's epic comeback on Sat
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Fattes13 wrote:
spud, I dont know for DH knowing the hill is a big deal, Svindal, Maier and Cuche have all proved that recently.

For Tech and GS yeah the course and form makes a difference, I don’t think anyone could have predicted Scott's epic comeback on Sat

Yes...for sure...totally agree. Predicting 3 based on knowledge, experience and form is quietstraight forward imho.

However... trying to predict 10 is the big problem.

Strangely I think the Downhill and SG are harder to predict than the GS and SL.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Is Bode still out for this weekend ? Is Vonn back to full fitness ? Any other injuries or withdrawls ? Puzzled
latest report
briand6868 wrote:
Fattes13, Yep - I'm going to be taking more interest in current form rather than past performances/ranking.

I take most interest in bookies odds - they will have much better 'current' information available and in particular are likely to have up to date knowledge of starters
snow report
kooky wrote:
I AM RANKED NUMBER 1 IN AUSTRIA

Big deal NehNeh With Austrian results it's not really hard to be number 1 in Austria, if you are not Austrian. They all put 1, 2, 3 all Austrians, and another 5 Austrians into top 10. How hard is to beat that with their current results? Laughing
snow report
briand6868 wrote:
Is Bode still out for this weekend ? Is Vonn back to full fitness ? Any other injuries or withdrawls ? Puzzled

Vonn won the first training run by nearly a whole second. Reckon she'll win at LL again.

Not sure about Bode yet.
snow report
If I heard right, Bode is out at least till January... nothing is clear after that yet, so it might as well be, he won't be racing at all.
ski holidays
spud, Strange results when she was supposedly so ill less than a week ago and apparently not been able to train properly since Sölden! I'm happy she is able to race, but suspicious of the whole thing now as the recovery seems nothing short of miraculous! What are you betting we get more of the race against the men stuff now? wink

No idea how the weekend went for me as I'm locked out of the site as it does not want to run on my iPad this season. I will see the probably horrible results when I finally get home on Friday. Embarassed
ski holidays
spud, just read my results Shocked Not sure I how did that as the selections were made way before the training! I've just updated my picks for today and this weekend - probably regret making any changes except for taking out the ones that have been injured or whatever. Back to number 1 position in Germany, but that is probably due to me selecting for every race (helps to be a bit OCD sometimes! Laughing )

Has anyone worked out how the League results are worked out? The current leading team only has some 15 odd points and the numbers just do not match up in any way shape or form. On points alone, we are just in the top 10 I think but not too sure of why we are still only in 64th position. The leading team as I see it is a Finnish one with lots of US based ones coming in there after Puzzled Puzzled Puzzled
snow report
Dont forget all there are races today tomorrow and Sat get your picks in?
ski holidays
Samerberg Sue, I'm lost on the League front too...not sure how that side of things work.

Got all my picks done for today, looking forward to a seesion in fron tof the box later, with a nice glass of vino.
snow conditions
spud, I got a response back from Michael Nymen - the league thing is a glitch and should be sorted out soon. The rankings should be based on the number of points listed on the right, so we should be moving up the listings unless we get it horribly wrong this weekend! Laughing

I'm also planning an evening in front of the box - that usually means all my picks end up in the netting, so perhaps being somewhere else and unable to watch might not be such a bad thing! Embarassed
ski holidays
Samerberg Sue, Cool... at least you got a response this time.
ski holidays
Well the men's race was a disaster for me and the ladies seem to be following the same pattern. Stopped watching in the hope my racers won't be jinxed. Sad
ski holidays
Samerberg Sue, I seem to having the same effect on mine!
latest report
Anybody else feel that too much was/is being made of Ms Kildow-Vonn's recent "illness"? For someone who supposedly was writhing in agony with an intestinal problem and unable to train for nearly a month (according to her press release), she seems to have made a remarkable recovery.

I wish we had as much interest in the return to this sport of the likes of Chemmy and others who have suffered possible career-ending injuries. But then everyone loves a winner I suppose, personally I have never warmed to her (Kildow-Vonn). She reminded me too much of Picabo Street, another American who seemed to be able to win everything but did not possess any grace or respect for others.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Samerberg Sue, love her/hate her she WAS in a different league today.
Ski racing is very much a psychological game..........she played her hand well.

Still say she would get whupped big time by the boys though........I did read somewhere that a one off race has been planned, sponsored by Red Bull, in , you guessed it, Lake Louise, anyone else heard this?
latest report
Chemmy has had quiet a lot of press talking about her comeback at LL. A lot of it from abroad. Considering her International status and World ranking it suprised me, but was refreshing and welcoming. Bild had her down as a party girl...lol.
The press are all over Vonn for a reason..because she's the best.
Do you think LV has no respect or grace for othersSamerberg Sue? I beg to differ.
Why have you come to that conclusion?
ski holidays
kooky wrote:
Samerberg Sue, love her/hate her she WAS in a different league today.
Ski racing is very much a psychological game..........she played her hand well.

Still say she would get whupped big time by the boys though........I did read somewhere that a one off race has been planned, sponsored by Red Bull, in , you guessed it, Lake Louise, anyone else heard this?

Yes... an exhibition race. Razz

Didn't one of us suggest that on an other thread wink Embarassed Razz

A great PR race. Good for the sport imho.
snow conditions
kooky, She has always been in a different league since she matured as a racer. But playing these kinds of mind games and the general gamesmanship leaves a bad taste. She does not need it and she should show her competitors more respect, especially as she is such a dominating force.

She will get stuffed by the men (on the race course naturally wink ), I had read the blurb. Red Bull it is, they always have their eye on any chance to make a splash in a big gesture.

Does the race stand by the way? Eurosport switched off when the weather closed in. I thought you had to have 30 racers through the gate in order for the results to stand. Puzzled
ski holidays
The race is still going on... it's on Eurosport I player now. Lara Gut has just been flagged down mid race.
latest report
spud, What happened with Lara?
snow conditions
Fog... came in deep whilst she was on course. They are still waiting to get going again.
latest report
An average day put me up to 70th overall and 3rd in Britain still. Cool

Dougie Crawford is just ahead of me, but i'm ahead of Dave Ryding and TJ... i'll never be able to do it in real life, so a little chuffed, as they are actually their so to speak Razz Laughing

How did everyone else do?
latest report
That ladies race should have been abandoned from what I have read! Dead chuffed for Chemmy though for her to be in the points, to me she is the real winner!

Thanks to the weather and various other incidents - I did pretty poorly in the Ladies I think (not checked for the exact result yet). Men's race was saved by having exact matches but only just! rolling eyes
ski holidays
Another good day at the office.... up to 40th overall now. Still 3rd in UK. Snowheads gradually moving up as a league too Razz
ski holidays
spud, did OK with the ladies but the men's race was a disaster - two DNFs didn't help either! But glad that both are OK and ready to race another day.

I'm bouncing between 1st and 6th in Germany, currently 5th but it can all change after today's races.

Toofy Grin
latest report
Creeping towards a top 100 spot overall (102 at the mo) and 2nd in country as the website insists I am from Argentina! Good result yesterday with 7 of my picks making the top 10 and of course Vonn winning it. And looks like I have my first win in our within the league matches.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy