Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Fantasy Ski Racer League

Poster: A snowHead
Oh well thats my 1 2 in the mens out of the window!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I think I only have 5 finishers in the top 10 but I may have a few exact placings to boost my meagre score!
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I've just found this thread, and after failing miserably at getting the Team Picks to work on FantasySkiRacer when Samerberg Sue first mentioned it.

I've just checked my results from the w/e and find I've moved up to 4th place in UK behind Dougie Crawford, Ash Breese, and Zak Vinter. Wow, they're like proper skiers... Must be beginners luck... I did spot that Bodie was out for the season and took him out of my DH list but forgot to take him off the Super G and GS.

What I can't believe is that I picked the first 6 women Super G exact, imagine how much that would be worth on a 6 skier accumulator? Shocked Shocked Shocked
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
WayneC, I noticed you had an incredible score this weekend... in fact quiet a few did. Have you kept with the same racers then, or change every race?
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
spud, a bit of both. Initially I thought I had selected for my team to carry over but then realised I missed 24 Nov races because it was the first time for those event for me. So I went in and picked teams for most events then just adjust on the day for any news or if I've seen the practice results...

It doesn't usually work though... Puzzled
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
WayneC, Getting six picks in the right order is incredible though. Like you say... worth a fair bit in an accumulator.

There are some good scores from the brits. Cool
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
7 out 10 and 2 in the right place so not too bad for me
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
WARNING:

I'm not sure how many of you have tried to get into the site since the beginning of the week but it is currently impossible. If like me, you were hoping to make your picks for today (I've been trying to enter the picks for today's race since Wednesday) you've lucked out. I've Null-Runde for today as a result Evil or Very Mad

The owners of the site (the Nymen Brothers) have been aware of the problem since Wednesday, but as yet no change.

Not a happy punter to be honest. The whole point is to be able to change your selections right up to just before the race as you here who is doing well and who is injured or not in form!
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Worked for me tweaking my team last night, tend to set my current choice for all remaining races when I do manage to update it though.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
davkt, interesting, I've been trying all the platforms to get in and could not - the start screen is in an endless loop! The minute I try to put my log-in in it reloads. Tried on Chrome, Safari, Firefox and IE since Wednesday. Mad Tres Frustrating to say the least. Evil or Very Mad
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Tried IE just now where it is at least stable (not an endless self resetting loop) but it will not accept my password &/or ID, nor will it accept the reset code the site sent me!
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Firefox and a Macbook running Mountain Lion worked fine for me
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
And just a few seconds ago logged in fine
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Have you cleared your cache and cookies in the browsers Samerberg Sue?
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
davkt, yep done on a regular basis on all my machines - the problem is not just on one machine either, it is on all my desktops and mobile devices! They have been talking of getting the tablet version working, so maybe they have tweeked something without realising it.

Have fun playing this weekend - looks like I've lucked out Sad
snow conditions
Hmm, wonder if your account on their server has been mucked up?
latest report
I've had no problems either.... normal service. I wouldn't have a clue what could have gone wrong... i'm a real tecnophobe i'm afraid.
snow report
davkt, well if it has it will be the second season that this has happened and to be honest, I will not bother any more.
latest report
At least you data still looks ok on the team page Sue.
snow conditions
davkt, Took another look at the cache and cookies thing and cleaned it out again - worked on Firefox but not any of the other browsers. But managed to get my picks in for the weekend! Thanks for the reminder Toofy Grin

As they don't have a tablet version working yet I'll have to do my picks for next weekend PDQ as well and hope nobody pulls out for whatever reason. I'm off skiing for a long weekend. Then over Christmas and New Year I'll have to do the same as I'll have no access to a desktop/laptop between the 21st Dec and 6th Jan.
snow report
Best race so far for me, 8 out 10 and 2 spot on gave me 12th in the race and has moved me up to 63 overall. Though why the heck did I include Vonn in an even that involved slalom?
snow conditions
davkt, Are you "Goingbackwards" - if you are you did brilliantly - I saw your name on the Farcebook page!

I will have gone down the lists because of the zero points from yesterday. I reckon I would have predicted around 5 out of the 10. And I agree slalom was never Vonn's most consistent event, and she must be very rusty after her "stomach problems" in terms of the technical events. e interesting to see how she does in the speed events, having got her practice on the hill yesterday wink

I wonder, given the amount of snow being dumped around the place, whether today's races actually take place? Anyone aware of the forecast/actual weather in either area?
ski holidays
Yep thats me! Vonn is kicked out of my team for future slaloms! In fact it was the Yanks who let me down with Julia M just missing a top 10 place as well. Seen a post a few min ago on Facebook saying the races are postponed until at at least 14:00 as the racers can't get there because of snow on the road at present!
latest report
davkt, Well done again. Samerberg Sue, It was working ok for me on fri on the office PC but I struggle with the tablet at home for any last minute changes. Perhaps that’s how I managed to leave Bodie in my GS team?

Anna Fenninger, Lara Gut and Vonn all let me down, but Stefan Luitz looked to be surprised by his second place...
ski holidays
Been away for too many weekends, so had to set up a whole batch of races in advance, and didn't see any of the bugs that people have been complaining about. Didn't do too badly overall, I guess, and I think I've moved up the overall tables a bit. Had to hedge bets, so didn't pick Vonn for anything, although 20-20 hindsight says maybe I should have done.

I see they finally sorted the sorting of the league of leagues. Top 20 for us is not bad, given that I'm sure I'm dragging the score down a bit.

Will have to sort my picks. There is a bug in the "use these 10 skiers for all races of this type". It did work once, but now any update only seems to affect that race, and won't let you update the default for all future races.
ski holidays
andy, can you contact the organisers with that bug - they are really receptive to all reported problems. BTW you are not doing too badly - you are ahead of me in the Germany listings!

WayneC, I've had to clear my cookie cache a couple of times to get in now. It is annoying as it means I have to log in again here for example.

BTW which tablet are you using as I cannot get in at all on my iPad? That is going to be a bummer as of the 21st. I'm going to have to copy andy and enter all my races in advance and hope that no one gets injured or sick! I'm not home again until the evening of the 6th January!

snowHead
snow report
Samerberg Sue, will report it tonight. Is the FB page the best place to report such "features" ?

I think luck must surely play a significant part. Have only picked up points a couple of times for exact position matches. Was going to risk picking a non top-30 skier at some point, but I guess that's where the skill and the knowledge and the latest inside info comes in handy.
latest report
andy, doing the "use these 10 skiers for all races of this type" seemed to work OK for me today to fill in some blanks in the future programme. I basically do that after every update so at least if I miss an update sometime it will be my last carefully rolling eyes selected team that goes in!
Oh and yep on luck, at best I'd call my Ladies SC result educated guesswork helped by good fortune to guess some positions as other than Tina for first the rest were just a matter of getting the ones I wanted somewhere on the list.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Samerberg Sue, I use an iPad 1 at home - it's had funny episodes in the past with logging in but seemed to work OK last week to check my selections during the races, but perhaps the error Andy's mentioned above might be the reason Bodie re-appeared in my list as I thought I had chosen my team and saved it without him.

I hadn't looked at the fb page before, so will keep an eye on it now I know it's there.

It seems I missed your SH league selections and the one I tried to set up with a pal must need more players. Not to worry though as I'm enjoying the Top 10 Picks game.
latest report
That use for all future races only worked once. ie would only actually do what you think if no picks had ever been made for that race type. I was also hitting that button after selecting 10 skiers, thinking that it would leave my most recent selection as the default, but it seems to keep that first selection as the default. Take a look at the list after doing an update and check the dates of the updates, and it's clear that it no longer propagates (unless of course they fixed it in the last 10 days, since I've been away on thePSB)

edit: so I don't think Bode reappeared in the team - he was never overwritten in the first place (other than the one you were updating)
ski holidays
andy, ok - I understand now, I'll check more closely in future as it'll be a wasted choice when we know someone is out for the season.

That should get us a few more points next time. Thanks.
snow conditions
Any updates on the withdrawls / injuries / illnesses / p.r. stunts / gamesmanship etc. for this weekend Very Happy
latest report
briand6868, yep Jansrud has announced that he is not doing the Downhill but definitely doing the Super-G.
Brignone is injured and has to have an operation, so is out of the women's circuit for a while
Kostelic did not train today and is more often than not on the physio's couch getting treatment, but who knows with him as he often plays mind games with the others.

BTW the ID Briand is in the team and it does not seem too active - which one are you using on a regular basis?
snow report
hi Sue, thanks for the info, Im using briand6868 but can't figure out how to delete briand, which I put on at the very start not realising that my one from last season could be carried forward.
snow report
briand6868, OK I'll send you an invite under the old name and delete the non-active one snowHead
ski holidays
Looks like the bug I didn't get around to reporting has been fixed. If I hit the "Apply these picks to all future xxxx races" it seems to work.
ski holidays
Ladies races cancelled today Sad Men's also not certain, a decision is expected at sometime after 11.30 CET.

As for the league, I'm not sure how we drop people who are not competing any more. The lack of results from those people will drag us down the listings as we return lots of zeros. One person who asked to join has not made a single pick yet. Sad Others have started but seem to have stopped more recently. There are others who wanted to join and are still active who would be assets but that's the way it goes with this sort of thing.

Just heard that they are going to attempt a sprint downhill using the Super-G start. This is a short 2-run version, they did one at Kitzbühel one year if I remember correctly it was around 1998 or so when they were trying to make up for cancelled or abandoned races elsewhere. Cuche won it according to the records I've just checked. Keep your fingers crossed that they get the required number of starters through for the race to be valid!

Could be a good race to bet on an outsider!

Toofy Grin
ski holidays
Samerberg Sue, Back to single race at 14:0 removed all my picks as I was not sure what was happening in and it wont let me change now Sad
snow report
Fattes13, Don't worry, I'm pretty sure the race will be cancelled judging by the reports I'm reading from Gröden. It is always a bad idea to try to change to close to the original start times.

Toofy Grin
latest report
hmm @ cancelled races. I spent hours over the last couple of nights to pick racers for the siginificant number of races within a few days.

Can't wait to ski that Alta Badia course (again). Not so fussed about Val Gardena one, but I'll do it anyway.

also hmmm @ not being able to evict inactive users.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy