Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

La Plagne 2023/2024

Poster: A snowHead
Excellent boredsurfin - I claim my 10% commission Toofy Grin
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Handy Turnip wrote:
Thanks @boredsurfin, I took a look at the weekly passes and 6 days are discounted from 369€ to 221€ - is that right, seems like a big discount? What have I done wrong. I'm sure we paid 310€ even after discounts last year.
It’s the same in Les Arcs, they’ve just announced varying discounts if you buy your passes by 6 November, off-peak weeks have the biggest discount, school holiday weeks low (or no?) discounts.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
rob@rar wrote:
Handy Turnip wrote:
Thanks @boredsurfin, I took a look at the weekly passes and 6 days are discounted from 369€ to 221€ - is that right, seems like a big discount? What have I done wrong. I'm sure we paid 310€ even after discounts last year.
It’s the same in Les Arcs, they’ve just announced varying discounts if you buy your passes by 6 November, off-peak weeks have the biggest discount, school holiday weeks low (or no?) discounts.

Cheers for confirming Rob - I thought I was going mad! Desperately trying to round up our group to take advantage, our week has a 40% discount which is massive!
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Handy Turnip wrote:
Cheers for confirming Rob - I thought I was going mad! Desperately trying to round up our group to take advantage, our week has a 40% discount which is massive!
Yes, the low season discount is extremely good. Alongside the deep discount on season passes which was introduced last year, it's never been so cheap to see the Paradiski!
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
rob@rar wrote:
Handy Turnip wrote:
Yes, the low season discount is extremely good. Alongside the deep discount on season passes which was introduced last year, it's never been so cheap to see the Paradiski!

It is! Is this the first year they've done it like this? We go every Jan - and we normally manage to pick up a early bird discount, but it's normally like 10% off the standard price. It's the first time I've seen them do different pricing by week.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Handy Turnip wrote:
It is! Is this the first year they've done it like this? We go every Jan - and we normally manage to pick up an early bird discount, but it's normally like 10% off the standard price. It's the first time I've seen them do different pricing by week.
It's the deepest discount I've seen on 6-day passes, although there are some restrictions. the best discounts only apply to the very low season weeks (pre-Christmas, January, closing week) and you have to commit fairly early, by the first week of November, with no opportunity to change or cancel your purchase. But even with those caveats I'm sure some people will benefit.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
rob@rar wrote:
Handy Turnip wrote:
It is! Is this the first year they've done it like this? We go every Jan - and we normally manage to pick up an early bird discount, but it's normally like 10% off the standard price. It's the first time I've seen them do different pricing by week.
It's the deepest discount I've seen on 6-day passes, although there are some restrictions. the best discounts only apply to the very low season weeks (pre-Christmas, January, closing week) and you have to commit fairly early, by the first week of November, with no opportunity to change or cancel your purchase. But even with those caveats I'm sure some people will benefit.

We're going in Jan, and paid £275 last year - it's looking more like £186 this year which is a big drop. They're very clever with their wording i.e. "Limited quantities. Tomorrow might be too late". They've certainly got us scrambling around!!
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Yep I've had an e mail overnight advertising those offers for 6/7/8 nights until Nov 6th also confirming the credit note for my Edenski points @Jonpim,
was a very nice surprise as the credit is based on points earned x2, I've never used any up!
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@Handy Turnip, Yep the website has crashed a couple of times this morning!
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
boredsurfin wrote:
credit note for my Edenski points @Jonpim,
was a very nice surprise as the credit is based on points earned x2, I've never used any up!

I received also this credit note, very very very good news
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Passes all booked - £186 vs. £275 LY. Fantastic deal! I really hope they make this dynamic pricing work for them, someone's obviously done the forecast modelling I assume.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Passes booked last night ready for opening week. Makes a nice change that something has gone down in price
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Is the lift pass website working for anybody else? I just get a message saying 'Error loading configuration'.

I see it crashed this morning, assume it's the same issue?
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@Tris, yes it did that a few times with me - just keep trying, it should be fine
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@Handy Turnip, many thanks - will do. Trying to see if the discounts apply to Xmas week... Am guessing not, but wanted to see.
latest report
@Tris, When I looked yesterday there was about €14 discount on a La Plagne 6 day pass for Xmas & New Week - anything better than nothing for such peak weeks.
ski holidays
Can anyone explain this pricing i.e., why the bottom is so cheap compared to the middle? We are actually skiing on Sat 30th but it looks like it would be much cheaper to buy the bottom one and get a one day pass for Saturday.

latest report
@Layne, yeah that's a really weird quirk. Literally any other date I try gives the same price for the bottom 2 options (as it should, as the bottom is essentially just half a day free), with the exception of the dates you've put in. Very bizarre. I would say raise it, but I think the middle price is the correct one so if you bring it to their attention they might correct it. How much saving do you make by buying a separate day pass for the 30th? (and is that a paradiski or la plagne pass for the last day?). Is it worth the hassle?
snow report
I've done it in the past where they had the samedi ski deal.

I may just ping them about it.
latest report
Thanks for the heads up on this, just saved about €400 on two 8 day passes in March.
snow report
We had some friends stay last season and cheapest combination was the cheap weekend deals and then a 4 day pass, which they booked with collection from the machine in the Ticket office. We fully expected 3 separate tickets but all 3 were on just one card. Must be quite a sophisticated bit of software...
latest report
chopkins13 wrote:
@Tris, When I looked yesterday there was about €14 discount on a La Plagne 6 day pass for Xmas & New Week - anything better than nothing for such peak weeks.

Thanks... managed to get on the site today. The "discounted" price this year for the four of us is 1095 euros, we paid 1020 euros last year for Xmas week... not much of a discount Sad
snow report
@Tris, my reference to a discount was on this year’s full price. Given how much electricity and staff costs have increased in the last few years I think it’s only fair to expect a marginal increase on last year’s prices?
ski holidays
chopkins13 wrote:
@Tris, my reference to a discount was on this year’s full price. Given how much electricity and staff costs have increased in the last few years I think it’s only fair to expect a marginal increase on last year’s prices?

For the record: At Paradiski, season pass was 730€ (Adult) and 584€ (Child) last season and it's 780€ (Adult) and 624€ (Child) this season -> increase of 6.85%
But it Was 1150€ (Adult) for 21-22 Season, 1147€ (Adult) for 15-16 season and 1059€ (Adult) for 18-19 season. !
latest report
Some snow at La Roche de Mio today: https://www.la-plagne.com/decouvrir-la-plagne/domaine-skiable/webcams/roche-de-mio
snow report
So glad I popped in here for a look around in as we're heading to La Plagne in January....just picked up bargain lift passes!
snow conditions
Thank you thierryd for the cheery image.
And still quite snowy today Very Happy
snow report
We are going to be there for a about 4 weeks in total so getting a SP. Not sure whether to get Plagne or Paradiski, as we will only go to Les Arcs maybe once or twice.

However I don't see anywhere online where you can buy a one day upgrade to Paradiski. As the one week pass comes with one day, do they not offer this separately ? As the difference on the SP is €80 if the upgrade is available for say €15 ish, then I'll stick with Plagne, but if I cant buy it I'll just have to go Paradiski.

Got a bonus €150 in the pot with edenski which helps Very Happy
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
What is this Edenski cash folks are talking about? I’m guessing if I don’t know then I don’t have any?! Laughing
ski holidays
@chopkins13, Yep Very Happy
ski holidays
@eblunt, https://www.calameo.com/skipass-laplagne/read/005748216d78ade488775 One day upgrade is listed here ... must be able to buy on line somewhere, so far I cant see it listed.
snow report
boredsurfin and eblunt, not sure a day pass for Vanoise is available online. I understood only available at kiosk by the lift.
Never had to use it as always gone for Paradiski pass.
latest report
@eblunt, does the 6-day La Plagne pass still include a free day in Les Arcs? I know it usually does but can’t see it mentioned anywhere on the website anymore. Hoping they’ve not sneakily taken that perk away.
snow report
Quote:

@eblunt, does the 6-day La Plagne pass still include a free day in Les Arcs? I know it usually does but can’t see it mentioned anywhere on the website anymore. Hoping they’ve not sneakily taken that perk away.

Speaking from the Les Arcs persective that "perk" went years ago. You could buy an extension in the past at the lift pass office for 20€ or so, but I'm not sure even that is available now as it will be buried deep amongst the various lift pass prices.
snow conditions
@boredsurfin, Thanks for that. Also thanks to all for the heads up on the discount, just saved €300 for two friends who are coming out to stay with us for a week.
ski holidays
@eblunt, We bought the La Plagne season pass last year and just paid extra each day we went to Les Arcs. It was in the region of 22 euros per day. We drove round to Bourg St Maurice and just paid at the lift pass office there for the upgrade and I think we also did the same at the Champagny lift pass office when we went across on the Vanoise express.
snow conditions
@skichampcouk, Thanks. As we pass a lift office on our way to the VE then we'll upgrade then.
snow conditions
In previous years you could pay to upgrade at the Vanoise Express itself - not sure if you can do that these days...
latest report
Latest from Romain at Perso Plagne

You can download the 2023/2024 track plan from: https://www.perso-laplagne.fr/Plan2023-2024.pdf
The novelty is obviously the reconfiguration of the Glacier sector, with the disappearance of the tracks and the climbs of the Chiaupe glacier. Another important novelty: the Cornegidouille track is renamed Edmond Blanchoz: the former CEO of SAP who greatly contributed to the development of the station so joins Emile Allais and André Martzolf. Finally, more anecdotic, the Pollux track known as Puy du Fou (partnership).
ski holidays
Cheers @boredsurfin for posting, really interesting. I wonder if that means the glacier will be open more now, I assume so.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy