Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

The all new 23/24 Weather Outlook Thread

Poster: A snowHead
Weathercam wrote:
....Supposedly first flocons are due 15:00 onwards.....

Well that was nigh on spot-on timing!

Went from +3.5 to +1 in 15 or so mins !

ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Another day, another big puke for NW Italy.

Around 30cm landing this weekend.

With 50-100cm on the radar in a couple weeks.

#Endlesswinter.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Models have a lot more than 30cm around Aosta
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Dumping down in Gressoney (Staffal), started around 22:00 last night.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
About 10cms on my car in Champoluc, snowing quite heavily.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Heading to La Plagne next Sunday and some of the temperatures forecast from Wednesday onwards are a little bit concerning (all 5 degrees or more). Is there any cause for optimism in the models?
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
ldnski23 wrote:
Heading to La Plagne next Sunday and some of the temperatures forecast from Wednesday onwards are a little bit concerning (all 5 degrees or more). Is there any cause for optimism in the models?

You think thats bad, Soldeu in Andorra is now showing 11 degrees or more. Lowest is 5 degrees at night, hoping the snow will be ok for the week we are there
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Quote:

About 10cms on my car in Champoluc, snowing quite heavily.

Nice, you going to ski Monta Rosa?
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@coldrainsnow, that’s the plan. Also some fine food Happy

Nothing much open today, for fairly obvious reasons.

But easily well ovef 30cms at village level. Snowing only lightly now but 11h00-15h00 5-10 cms/hour.

Tomorrow might be quite spicy.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Today, in NW Italy, was Snorkel Sunday.

Wokeup to a couple feet of fresh.

Sunshine for the upcoming week. Time to topup the Hollywood tan.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Quote:

@coldrainsnow, that’s the plan. Also some fine food

@under a new name, After one of our first trips to France before we moved here my little guy's French Papy asked him what his favorite food in France was... to which he replied "the food in Italy". As you can imagine that went over well (but he's definitely not wrong). Have fun and be safe over there, I'm halfway thinking of heading through the tunnel this week, but I couldn't make it until the second half I don't think.

Sorry, back to the weather....
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Sorry, yes, weather, well in our little corner of Italy, Monterosa's sunny but only partial lift opening as Meteoblue's forecast 10-20cms is more like 60cms Shocked in the village, and was gusting 70-80kph higher up so they have quite a lot of work to do this morning Shocked snowHead snowHead
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@Polo please may I have your assessment of temperatures for the Tirol next week?

Are Bergfex forecasts on the conservative (higher) side, they’re forecasting -4c to +1c at 2,300m for Zillertal.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
ldnski23 wrote:
. We’re heading to La Plagne on Friday and the weather next week is looking awful. Rain and temperatures up to 13 degrees on some forecasts….
ski holidays
The GFS looks quite worrying towards the end of the month. Usually the models lose track after a few days, or at least that's been the way every time they've signalled cold this winter. As such, I fully expect the early summer temperatures indicated to verify! The ECM looks a bit more encouraging. But, beyond the next week or so who can tell. It's definitely going to get a bit warmer across the Alps by the end of this week. Fingers crossed something changes the current outlook (the fabled sudden stratospheric warming might have the predicted effect of cooling things down, though this year this never seem to come to pass).

Be nice to hear from someone who has more of a clue than me.
ski holidays
The GFS has been all over the place 10 day's out , what’s new ? , one minute cold , the next run warm , easterly’s and northerly’s then it’s back to south westerly’s . What’s the betting the next run chucks out a cold from the north again .
It’s the end of March you’re going to get some warm/hot days not unusual. Spring rules apply .
snow conditions
I suppose people going next week and the week after are hoping for things to err on the winter side of spring rather than the summer side. If you're hoping for a tendency towards winter unfortunately the GFS has been consistent with the very warm suggestions for next week for a few days now. But as you say Rob, in general it's been all over the place this winter so no one should count on it. Anything could, and probably will, happen!
latest report
MeteoGroup via BBC showing temperatures for Bourg-St-Maurice up to the 26th of 0c to +12c. Some light rain.

If that pans out, wouldn’t the majority of the Tarentaise slopes be fine?

In the past I’ve passed through Bourg and Moûtiers in late March with temperatures much higher than that, feeling like early summer.
latest report
@Snow&skifan, yes it will . After a warm up next week the suggestions have been for a few fronts that will drop snow above 1800m or spring sunshine . I’ll be touring that week (last week in March) skiing either spring on the south slope or spring powder on the north faces up high of course .
latest report
E.g. For Cervinia where I'm looking forward to going to next week

Wepowder is forecasting close to 90cms of fresh Thu21-Mon25th,
While Snow-forecast.com is saying 1cm.....!? Big difference:))

This weekend Wepowder 18cms, Snow-forecast.com 4 cm....

Sometimes I think we might be better throwing darts at a dart board and whatever number is hit/2 =~ number of cms to fall.
It could have similar accuracy Wink)

Last edited by You'll need to Register first of course. on Tue 12-03-24 12:01; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
@horgand, too far away for forecasts to have any kind of clue!
ski holidays
And just to prove the point the 6am GFS goes cold and snowy from 21st , as said too far out
ski holidays
Today was +15c at 2000m.

Zero iso zooming up to nearly 3000m in the European Alps later this week.

Heavy rain -- up to 2500m in places -- by Sunday.

Greta won't be happy.
latest report
Whitegold wrote:
Today was +15c at 2000m.

Greta won't be happy.

Shocking skiing the WROD today at 2000m. It’s March dude. Try the North faces wink

http://youtube.com/v/k1Q5eZdEFKg
snow conditions
Whitegold wrote:
Today was +15c at 2000m.

Greta won't be happy.

& 30cm of fresh stuff by Tuesday
ski holidays
davidof wrote:

A Cevenol is going to hit the region this weekend.

The Cevenol came and dumped this, in the Ardeche at 1000 meters

but also made the forests impassible

guess the trees aren't used to so much snow, last big storm was 2009

leaving your car overnight was not a good plan

Things set to warm up a lot at the end of the week, 19C forecast for the valleys. Balmy.
latest report
second half of march one to watch - as ever this season - anything interesting always 2 weeks away, always too warm and always and fades away....

ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@kitenski, Happy Easter snowHead
ski holidays
Anyone know if there’s any hint of a colder spell in the long range before Easter hols sat 30th hoping cal Cenis won’t be too much of a slush fest!
latest report
@BobinCH, Easter storms usually good, fingers crossed!!
snow report
@JDgoesskiing, nobody knows. Anything could happen between now and end of March. We are also in val cenis for Easter and are confident there will be skiing above 2000m what it's like below that won't be known until the day before
snow report
At Easter, I’m driving to apparently one of the snowiest places in Europe, in a rear wheel drive BMW. If the weather models factored that in, a snowfest is a dead cert Eh oh!
snow conditions
davidof wrote:
.....Things set to warm up a lot at the end of the week, 19C forecast for the valleys. Balmy.

Temp on the van was showing 17.5 and I then placed the temp sensor on our terrace out into the sunlight and it hit 22 Shocked

Have to say at times I do like chilling on the terrace in the afternoon when it gets like that, and it's even better after a morning's ski-tour, which is hopefully the plan for the morrow, if the Weather Gods don't throw a spanner in the works.
ski holidays
Snow today very wet and sticky.

Splash of rain on Friday for France and Italy. Light snow above 2000-2500m.
ski holidays
@7ncj, now I am curious, where will that be?
Little Angel
snow report
drporat wrote:
@7ncj, now I am curious, where will that be?
Little Angel

Warth, Austria (part of the Ski Arlberg area)
latest report
My favourite ski area.
Excellent, I was reluctant to go there that late in the season due to the rather limited height.
Please keep us updated, enjoy!!!
ski holidays
Weathercam wrote:
davidof wrote:
.....Things set to warm up a lot at the end of the week, 19C forecast for the valleys. Balmy.

Temp on the van was showing 17.5 and I then placed the temp sensor on our terrace out into the sunlight and it hit 22 Shocked

I saw it was 20.5 yesterday, not sure of the altitude but around 500 meters I guess.
ski holidays
drporat wrote:
My favourite ski area.
Excellent, I was reluctant to go there that late in the season due to the rather limited height.
Please keep us updated, enjoy!!!

I’ll try and remember! We usually go higher at Easter but fancied a change this year and my wife’s speaks German so it makes it easier to do diy trips to the lower key Austrian resorts. Keeping an eye on the temps and conditions as we’re driving and we’d only lose a relatively modest deposit if we decided to change resort last minute and could find alternative accommodation!
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy