Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

The all new 23/24 Weather Outlook Thread

Poster: A snowHead
After the cool down and snow from the north Sat night to Sunday I see that GFS has been pulling in yet another Genoa low early to mid next week , looks like the usual parts of Italy and the French southern alps might hit the jackpot again .
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Snow today in the Western Alps is melting at the fastest rate all season.

Folks are wearing T-shirts at 3am at 1800m.

Heavy melt for the next week. Temps will top +20c.

Fresh snow arriving at the end of March. Badly needed.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Whitegold, well it’s currently 6c at 1500m in Sainte Foy at the mo with decent freeze forecast tonight , I won’t be wearing a T shirt out .

However Gorgeous day forecast tomorrow Perfect spring day
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Rob Mackley, don't feed the troll.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@kitenski, aye aye
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Rob Mackley wrote:
After the cool down and snow from the north Sat night to Sunday I see that GFS has been pulling in yet another Genoa low early to mid next week , looks like the usual parts of Italy and the French southern alps might hit the jackpot again .

I did say they were like buses

Unfortunately I am hoping for good weather at valley level for the non skiing part of my holiday towards the end of next week, I wanted sun!
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Seems to be flip flopping around again but hope for cold and bit of snow Tues/wed next weed. Just hoping the Easter weekend rain to disappears from the forecast.
My worst ever ski day was in rain!
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Just back from Nassfeld in Austria. Snow holding up well above 1500m. And a fabulous place to boot!
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Anyone got insight for next week / start of the Easter hols for Avoriaz / Morzine?
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@MotownJunk, long way off but is looking pretty unsettled with varying rain /snow levels , I’d say between 1200/1800m . If sun is your thing you it’s going to be in the minority
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Whitegold wrote:

Folks are wearing T-shirts at 3am at 1800m.

is that a nightclub in Newcastle? They sound overdressed...
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Wepowder and snowforecast both have snow for Dolomites early midweek

Bergfex has almost nothing

Anyone who reads the raw data have any predictions?
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Day 100 on snow.

Snow in the European Alps remains deluxe above 1800m.

Mud below 1600m.

Ladies skiing in bikinis at 2500m.

Snow coming early next week.

Around 30cm above 1500m in Italy Cool
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Whitegold wrote:
Day 100 on snow.

Snow in the European Alps remains deluxe above 1800m.

Mud below 1600m.

Ladies skiing in bikinis at 2500m.

Snow coming early next week.

Around 30cm above 1500m in Italy Cool

Well, Mrs F is in the Arlberg with her mates at the moment. She’s just reported excellent ski conditions having done Der Weiss Ring today. She assures me she didn’t ski in her bikini even at 1,500 meters.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Monday looks like a cracker - Engelberg, Andermatt and Bernese Oberland FTW
Small low pressure core with snow from the northwest
A separate small low pressure core, part of the extensive low-pressure area off the coast of Norway, will bring snow from the northwest on Saturday. In the process, colder air will flow into the Alps, causing the snowline to drop significantly. At first, snow will only fall from around 2,000 metres, but with the cold air moving in, the snowline will drop to around 1,000 metres. During the night from Saturday to Sunday, it will drop even a little lower, to around 600 - 800 metres altitude. The snow falls in two phases, the total accumulations will not be found until Monday morning. Winds increase considerably in the high mountains, which will again make wind slabs a problem. Also in the areas around the Alpine main ridge and higher up in the southern Alps. Here, in fact, the North Föhn will increase considerably.

Typically for these settings, I expect most on the Alpine northern edge from the Bernese Oberland to Arlberg. So for areas like Engelberg, things are looking good. Here, 30 to 40 centimetres could fall until Monday morning, higher up perhaps half a metre as well. Further west, the French Northern Alps remain a bit behind in snow amounts, with around 10 to maximum 30 centimetres higher up around the Mont-Blanc massif. Austria too is picking up less east of the Arlberg, with around 10 to 25 centimetres of snow. In the northern areas from the Kitzbühel Alps to the Dachstein Massif, possibly a bit more higher up as well.
snow conditions
@Whitegold, pics or it didn't happen
ski holidays
Wife and I arrive in Zermatt on Monday and are skiing Tuesday to Saturday. Based off the current forecast, what should we expect out of skiing? Will we see anything while it's snowing? We've never been so not sure what to expect as far as visibility goes.

Any must do runs when there is fresh snow? Thanks!
snow report
If it’s really bad you
snow report
Have some tree lined runs. Stick to the western side of the map for best Toblerone views
snow conditions
Has WePowder ever been known to underestimate snowfall?
ski holidays
@npennington85 the area around the Patrullave chair is excellent in snow and low vis. Fab off piste through the trees.
snow conditions
Windy today. Many lifts shutdown.

A week of snow and rain coming to the European Alps.

A dood in Whistler, Canada, done a triple backflip in the wild. Watch here.
ski holidays
Whitegold wrote:
Snow in the European Alps...

Is there any other kind?
snow report
Had ALL the weather on Thursday this week. Around lunchtime viz was good above the clouds at Rothorn and you could see Toblerone peeping through the clouds, but then only about 5 metres in the clouds at around 2000m. Patchy over at Furggsattel with viz excellent one minute and practically 0 and blizzardy the next. I guess you’ll just have to wait and see!!
latest report
Currently light snow in Val D’Isere village.
snow conditions
Heavy snow from about 9am this morning in Meribel, cleared now but has freshened the pistes nicely, and timed this run very well!

https://youtube.com/shorts/WHFUJD9eCtc?si=RRdjYK7x_l-B5e5F
snow report
snoozeboy wrote:
Whitegold wrote:
Snow in the European Alps...

Is there any other kind?

The stunning Southern Alps of NZ.
snow report
Yup, the NZ Alps, Australia Alps, Japan Alps, California Alps, Greenland Alps, Transylvanian Alps, Turkey Alps, even the Scotland Alps.

Many Alps, all over the world.

And the Moon has Alps.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I stand corrected.

However, the European Alps is still a misnomer. They are known as The Alps.

I thought WG was being American, eg horseback riding (is there any other kind? Where do Americans ride their horses?)

It would tie in with his love of the French.

It's my first success, trolling The Troll. I claim my £5.

Now back to the weather, before someone gets irritated. Snow in the PDS today and yesterday. Not much, but better than nothing. Pistes still in good nick in Avoriaz and Châtel, and I didn't ski anywhere else.

A lot more snow forecast on gfs for Wednesday, but with a more critical freezing level around and possibly above 1500m
ski holidays
8611 wrote:

I did say they were like buses

!

Another bus for the southern Alps this week, if not two for the south western Alps

High snow line but should be good in the usual suspects, second serving may be too high
ski holidays
Trying not to feel too disappointed looking at the Easter weekend forecast. Looks like a lot of rain for Zermatt at village level. Snow up high, but suspect not great visibility for skiing.
snow report
The week after is looking pretty good though- would you think??
snow report
Beautiful snow falling since lunchtime at 1800m in Dolmites, a full day of it tomorrow. One last powder day?
snow report
If anyone is looking for a last minute trip to a beginners area, Obertauern has decent conditions. Cold and all pistes are open
snow report
Looking like a couple of spikes of precip and cold temps coming our way in Haute-Savoie, although the last few of these systems coming from the S haven't really made it to us in full force.... fingers crossed we get a little bit of the good stuff? If not I really am driving through the tunnel this time. Laughing

WePowder also mentioning some Saharan sand.
latest report
Snowing hard now above 1500m in NW Italy.

Tomorrow is a powday.
snow report
Whitegold wrote:
Snowing hard now above 1500m in NW Italy.

Tomorrow is a powday.

Out on your blades then Laughing
ski holidays
The rollercoaster continues… snow, cold, wind, warm, rain, rinse and repeat
ski holidays
BobinCH wrote:

Has Verbier the village/town had any heavy rain this winter?

I was under the impression that you’d escaped the long spells of rain or warmth experienced in much of the French Alps.
snow report
Snow&skifan wrote:
BobinCH wrote:

Has Verbier the village/town had any heavy rain this winter?

I was under the impression that you’d escaped the long spells of rain or warmth experienced in much of the French Alps.

Verbier has had rain too but the good skiing is above 2200m and mainly North facing so it’s been less of an issue than lower resorts

Just the small matter of 3m of snow forecast for the next 10 days on the main Alpine ridge then Shocked
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy