Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

The all new 23/24 Weather Outlook Thread

Poster: A snowHead
I’m in Trysil from 30th March - 3rd April. Forecasts seem all over the place? Can anyone hazard a guess as to what to expect? Just hoping for some semi decent skiing and no rain!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Chucking it down in Saas-Fee this morning but only the village lifts open due to the storm. Chains mandatory on the road up from Saas Grund, road to Saas Almagell currently closed due to avalanche danger.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Snowing moderately at 1800m in Dolomites last 24 hours but freezing level around there too. 5 to 10cms of soft medium heavy snow on piste and building but blower pow it ain't, maybe up higher or further west. Still pleasant.

If it's one thing the apps repeatedly get wrong in my experience it's the freezing level. I think bergfex had it at as low as 600m a few days out, nowhere near that at any point.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
bergfex use to exaggerate always and everything.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Snow&skifan wrote:
BobinCH wrote:
The rollercoaster continues… snow, cold, wind, warm, rain, rinse and repeat

Has Verbier the village/town had any heavy rain this winter?

I was under the impression that you’d escaped the long spells of rain or warmth experienced in much of the French Alps.

It’s been the same in Verbier: quite a lot of rain at resort level. But a lot of snow higher up (was chatting with a Televerbier staff at Mont Fort 2 weeks ago and they’d already had 6+m of accumulation up there - and its snowed quite a bit since). I have been travelling between Verbier and the 3V and it was the same in both places. Awesome ski higher up. A bit less so when you go down (except early in the season where it’s been incredible in both places).
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
PJ Maza wrote:
I have been travelling between Verbier and the 3V and it was the same in both places.

Intrigued… what takes you between Verbier and VT - fetish for resorts starting with V?
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Very Happy Meribel actually.

Just two fantastic places to ski really (I’d say the two best ones NehNeh ). It’s a bit of a journey between the two though!
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Just started snowing again in Val D’Isere village. Those arriving this weekend should be in for a treat with more on the way as well.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@Fridge03, ummm not so sure I’d describe it as a treat . It’s quite a wild weekend in store , snow rain lots of high winds, foehn , and no sun .
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
So for the weekend should go to Verbier?
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
smudger wrote:
I’m in Trysil from 30th March - 3rd April. Forecasts seem all over the place? Can anyone hazard a guess as to what to expect? Just hoping for some semi decent skiing and no rain!

We're there over Easter as well, we've been a couple of times before at Easter and its sometimes a bit slushy in the afternoon down in the resort areas but up top it's always good snow. They've had a good winter so far so there's a good base of snow, the forecast looks quite mild into next week but I think it will be OK
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Heavy rain today in NW Italy below 1600m.

Small slides above 2000m.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Foehn storm north of the Alpine ridge north of the Maurianne and Tignes , Snow creeping over the Italian border into the back bowls of La Rosiere and Sainte Foy but no further NOT for the first time this March .
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
No further? The storm goes all the way across Austria...
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@Scarlet, ? ? Read again I’m referring to the snow creeping over the border not the Foehn storm
latest report
Easter weekend has been a bit of a write-off so far with high winds, lift closures and Sahara sand. The rain/snow is now coming over the Alpine ridge and snow forecast this evening and tomorrow when temps will cool down. Next week looking much better from Monday pm
snow report
It’s poured all day up to 2000m in Val Cenis, hoping temperatures dip quickly or there’ll be nothing left further down.
latest report
Monday looks deluxe.

Around 12-24in of fresh above 2000m.

Tropical rain below that level.
snow conditions
Bad air quality today in the alps with all the sand although a bit better now

https://pistehors.com/VnxZkI4B1g7SdbHcA-kK/sand-blankets-alps
snow conditions
@davidof, you mention in your article that these Saharan dust events are increasingly common. Do you have a source for this?
snow conditions
@denfinella, it was something I saw in an article that says with a warmer Atlantic the south of Europe is now under more frequently under SW airstreams in winter and these are also bringing sand from the Sahara which in increasing the warming affect in Alps as it lowers the albedo of the snow.
snow report
My white car was completely covered in sand this morning as Dijon. Rained mixed with sand all the way to the maurienne valley.
snow report
Arrived in Auron late afternoon to heavy sleet after a very wet drive up from Nice. Looks like it's snowed all night and due to snow all day with only sector open today.

Snow line about 1500m so expecting some rain but should be good up top. Southern Alps seems to be getting the goods this season, wonder if this in any way correlated with EL Nino.

It's a first visit to Auron, quite impressed so far from what we've seen.
ski holidays
@davidof, thanks. Certainly the points about the Atlantic being warmer and the albedo effect make sense to me, but the one about SW airstreams being more common is new to me. (Not sure why this would be the case - I think there is a pattern of jetstream positions becoming more entrenched, which could lead to periods of SW-erlies lasting for longer if they do occur?)
snow report
The rain is back.

Two days of nonstop rain below 1500-1800m.

Raining pitchforks in town right now.

Will be 30cm of fresho tomorrow above 2000m.

First lift to the summit beckons.
ski holidays
Holy weather crazies! Enjoy the pow this week…
ski holidays
@BobinCH, I’ll be the other side of Mont Blanc for the week from this weekend. That drop in temperature and spike in precipitation may be a snow day above 2000 metres?
snow conditions
sbooker wrote:
@BobinCH, I’ll be the other side of Mont Blanc for the week from this weekend. That drop in temperature and spike in precipitation may be a snow day above 2000 metres?

Glorious spring skiing conditions for that part of the world.

https://www.bergfex.com/auvergne-rhone-alpes/langlaufen/chamonix-argentiere/wetter/
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Whitegold wrote:
The rain is back.

Two days of nonstop rain below 1500-1800m.

Raining pitchforks in town right now.

Will be 30cm of fresho tomorrow above 2000m.

First lift to the summit beckons.

So out with the snow-blades again then ? Laughing

Meanwhile in the real world.....

Here at 1400 damp squidgy snow on the terrace, that's been melting as soon as it falls, and it's strange how precipitation falls as rain/snow within a couple of degrees difference from one day to the next i.e can be snow at +2.5 one day and then rain at +2 the next.

First lifts again and downhill gear as snow below 1,800 is heavy and patella ripping, just have to set the OH's up now.

Can hear a fair bit of blasting going on!

Terrace Webcam panning around the garden/terrace

https://stylealtitude.com/serrechevalierweathercam.html
snow report
@BobinCH, I hope your forecast is correct...BUT
Meteosuisee says it's going to be HOT and sunny all week.

I prefer yours!
snow report
rungsp wrote:
@BobinCH, I hope your forecast is correct...BUT
Meteosuisee says it's going to be HOT and sunny all week.

I prefer yours!

Up to 18c, crikey.

https://www.meteosuisse.admin.ch/previsions-locales/verbier/1936.html#forecast-tab=weekly-overview
latest report
20c by next Saturday in Chamonix. That will feel Spring like Cool
https://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/forecast/u0hvk24hk#?date=2024-04-01
snow report
Zero iso zooming up to 4000m in the Western Alps by the end of this week -- at night.

Global boiling is in full effect for April.
latest report
Blimey!!
snow report
Flew over the Alps earlier, they are looking absolutely caked. Great view of the Matterhorn .

I'm convinced I previously saw the Margherita hut on a different flight, but it was out the right side window so maybe not (Matterhorn was out the left this time, both Milan flights, I presume they use the same corridor regardless of wind?)
snow report
Whitegold wrote:
Zero iso zooming up to 4000m in the Western Alps by the end of this week -- at night.

And for most of next week by the look of it - could bring a very rapid end to the season in lots of resorts ....
snow conditions
Snow is amazing up high at the moment and more falling today but best enjoy it quick before the rollercoaster loops the loop again!
snow conditions
Parts of Austria and Italy, such as Innsbruck and Milan, are going to hit +30c this weekend.

Alpine temps are froo da roof.

Europe's summer has begun in April.

Up in Northeast US, there is a winter snapback.

Killington got a good snowstorm this week.
ski holidays
MontyP wrote:
Whitegold wrote:

And for most of next week by the look of it - could bring a very rapid end to the season in lots of resorts ....

Where you seeing the same for next week? Looks more of a mixture of temps.

raccourci clavier environ
snow conditions
I'm off to Zermatt in the morning for a week.The terrain is high enough to find good snow even during these warmer spells so I'm not overly concerned.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy