Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

The all new 23/24 Weather Outlook Thread

Poster: A snowHead
@MontyP, ???

Courmayeur, f’rinstance, closes - on schedule - tomorrow.

Chamonix have extended Brevent and Flégère by a week …

Not quite sure what you are basing your assertion on?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
It’s been a very good season for those with plenty of skiing above 1800m in the Alps and nearly all of these will see their season out with a vast majority of their ski area open . Because of the depths high u- I also expect a good spring touring season and great early summer glacier skiing conditions .

After this weeks brief heatwave it looks like it’s back to more of the same as the last few weeks , snow in mid to high mountain .
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Snowbandit56 wrote:
I'm off to Zermatt in the morning for a week.The terrain is high enough to find good snow even during these warmer spells so I'm not overly concerned.

Yeah, I'm eyeing the forecasts carefully myself at the mo to try to get in a sneaky 'last of the winter wine' ski trip...

Imho, the forecasts for a few of the higher resorts (e.g. Zermatt, Verbier & Chamonix) look pretty good tbh. Some snow (20cm) due this Tuesday & Wed with dropping temperatures, & then there's currently a lot of snow due next Sunday/Monday (i know a long way off to be reliable, yada, yada, yada) with much lower temperatures looking in for that ~week....

Very tempted to make a 9/10 day Zermatt & Chamonix tour starting this Wednesday tbh.... looking nice for it at the mo. Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@horgand, Bergfex and the Zermatt web site are predicting snow Tuesday/Wednesday above the village might just get a powder day. The weather then appears to stabilise with some sun for the rest of the week. I've been skiing Zermatt in April since 2001 usually for our last trip of the season and quite often April has been the better month than earlier in the season.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
[quote="Snowbandit56"]@horgand, Bergfex and the Zermatt web site are predicting snow Tuesday/Wednesday above the village might just get a powder day. The weather then appears to stabilise with some sun for the rest of the week. I've been skiing Zermatt in April since 2001 usually for our last trip of the season and quite often April has been the better month than earlier in the season. Question now is do we take our all mountain skis or our fatter ones, decisions, decisions.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
[quote="Snowbandit56"]
Snowbandit56 wrote:
@horgand, Bergfex and the Zermatt web site are predicting snow Tuesday/Wednesday above the village might just get a powder day. The weather then appears to stabilise with some sun for the rest of the week. I've been skiing Zermatt in April since 2001 usually for our last trip of the season and quite often April has been the better month than earlier in the season. Question now is do we take our all mountain skis or our fatter ones, decisions, decisions.

I'll pm you to arrange to meet up to ski if I make the trip... tbc...
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
under a new name wrote:
@MontyP, ???

Courmayeur, f’rinstance, closes - on schedule - tomorrow.

Chamonix have extended Brevent and Flégère by a week …

Not quite sure what you are basing your assertion on?

@under a new name

Re Courmayeur, do you (or anyone else here) know if they also close or leave open their 'new' rotating lift into the Vallee Blanche after tomorrow? I might be there in 8 days & would like to try it. (Kindly pm me or 1 liner as I don’t wish to derail the thread too much, tks)
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@horgand, no worries, I think it runs +/- all year?
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
horgand wrote:
Snowbandit56 wrote:
I'm off to Zermatt in the morning for a week.The terrain is high enough to find good snow even during these warmer spells so I'm not overly concerned.

Yeah, I'm eyeing the forecasts carefully myself at the mo to try to get in a sneaky 'last of the winter wine' ski trip...

Imho, the forecasts for a few of the higher resorts (e.g. Zermatt, Verbier & Chamonix) look pretty good tbh. Some snow (20cm) due this Tuesday & Wed with dropping temperatures, & then there's currently a lot of snow due next Sunday/Monday (i know a long way off to be reliable, yada, yada, yada) with much lower temperatures looking in for that ~week....

Very tempted to make a 9/10 day Zermatt & Chamonix tour starting this Wednesday tbh.... looking nice for it at the mo. Madeye-Smiley

It’s glorious at the moment and back to pow on Wednesday by the looks of things. Spring skiing today
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
BobinCH wrote:
......It’s glorious at the moment.....Spring skiing today......

I concur Cool

Today was surprising as we thought it would not freeze overnight, but this morning +3 on our terrace, slight frost on the van, so all pointed to there being Spring Snow on offer, but was out a good few hours earlier than normal.

And can't see a repeat tomorrow as temps still high as I type this (was 24.5 in the valley this afternoon), but as ever, wait and see.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@horgand, the Skyway is open until mid May I think this year. It closed on the 1st May last year.

Perhaps an equally pertinent question might be when does the tunnel close for the annual (for the next hundred years) refurbishment?
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
HammondR wrote:
@horgand, the Skyway is open until mid May I think this year. It closed on the 1st May last year.

Perhaps an equally pertinent question might be when does the tunnel close for the annual (for the next hundred years) refurbishment?

Well yes, thanks for that info & when does the mb tunnel close exactly??
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@horgand, https://promy24.com/en/ferry-disruptions/mont-blanc-tunnel-disruptions.html

April closures. Thought it was worse.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I fly into geneva 13th April, was looking at 1950 les arcs or Zermatt, anyone got thoughts on either or where best to go ?
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I fly out on 18th April. Not booked accommodation yet but it’ll be between Tignes and Les Deux Alpes I think.
snow report
pauld7nil wrote:
I fly into geneva 13th April, was looking at 1950 les arcs or Zermatt, anyone got thoughts on either or where best to go ?

We returned from Zermatt yesterday. Conditions were very good up high, and the skiing over in Cervinia was excellent last Thursday. The lower slopes and home runs to the town were getting very slushy, so often best to download. There is heavy snow forecast on Tuesday, with more snow and colder weather the following week.

I'd recommend Zermatt for your dates. You could even catch the last night of Zermatt Unplugged, if that's your thing.
latest report
pauld7nil wrote:

I'll be there 13th & 14th.
if u wish to meet up for a ski & a beer maybe pm me on here.

Cheers
latest report
So 5 days until i leave.

we are flying Geneva, i can go anywhere - Where should i go ?
snow report
pauld7nil wrote:
So 5 days until i leave.

we are flying Geneva, i can go anywhere - Where should i go ?

Zermatt, ~80cm+ fresh pow forecast tue/wed on wepowder at high altitudes - what are you prevaricating about now exactly?! Puzzled
ski holidays
Just keen to hear various opinions on where to go buddy. Zermatt seems a good choice - never been before.
snow report
@pauld7nil, in my view Arc 1950 will be on wind down with less terrain available than these suggestions , I’d look at Zermatt and Saas Fee with better transfers via train . If you want France Tignes/Val d or Val Thorens . That week will be tha last week on the season for most still open .
ski holidays
@pauld7nil, having got back on Sunday from amazing conditions in Flaine, 24cm due to fall tomorrow, under an hour from Geneva, worth a look?
snow conditions
Hello everyone,

I am considering a late season trip to either Zermatt, Val D'isere, or Val Thorens, given the weather forecasts across the Alps (on the weather App) is not looking good around 10 to 20 April, any guidance on the best resorts I should target during this period is greatly appreciated.

Thanks
ski holidays
@Mohammed, The weather looks great to me looks like some good sunny days , overnight freezes, a cold spell next week and some periods of precipitation that will fall as snow higher up . A good mix that you would expect this time of year . The snow depths in all three resorts are great .
The question is which resort suits you , transfer, budget etc . A question if you don’t know for an another thread .
ski holidays
Thanks Rob, greatly appreciate your feedback, I will certainly look into all three options Eh oh!
snow conditions
For those going to one of the higher stations still open next week looks like you are in for some great conditions after this weekend’s warmth , Cool/cold with sun and snow what’s not to like .
snow conditions
@Rob Mackley, heading to VT on the 20th, so fingers crossed it looks to be a good week.
snow conditions
Sorry to butt in on this but have had a last minute chance to fly out for a few days to Italy this weekend/early next week and was wondering if anyone had advice on places to go? I have to fly into Turin. Given recommendations for Zermatt above, is Cervinia the best bet on the Italian side?
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Snow is good all along the Italian side of the alpine ridge , Cervinia without doubt will be good because of the height but check out whose open from Sestriere to La Thuile or Courmayuer
snow conditions
Is it early for someone to start the 2024 - 2025 thread Puzzled
ski holidays
@Garfield, starts in the summer after summer solstice. 23/24 isn’t over yet
ski holidays
Very Happy
Rob Mackley wrote:
@Garfield, starts in the summer after summer solstice. 23/24 isn’t over yet
latest report
Some nice looking forecasts for snow in Austria this week....!?...
ski holidays
It really does sum up this winter in the alps when one of the my followed pro forecasters suggest this is the first northerly since Jan , if it was it must have been short lived I’m thinking November last year .
snow conditions
Out in Les Deux Alpes for a long weekend and had about 10cm overnight above 2600m, though snowed all the way down in to town. The runs on the glacier and on the Signal chair were superb, chalky snow where it had been groomed and ankle deep powder turns off it.

Its also stayed cold up there, about -10 this morning but with windchill felt a lot colder. The season really has been one of contrasts.
ski holidays
Quote:

It really does sum up this winter in the alps when one of the my followed pro forecasters suggest this is the first northerly since Jan , if it was it must have been short lived I’m thinking November last year .

It was an epic week at Flaine, including a couple amazing powder days in the Gers. It had us reminiscing on when the snow was last that good this season, which I think was mid January... 19th or 20th. Which I do believe was also our last northerly to come through haha.

Another crazy season of weather for sure, but I was expecting to be on rock skis wearing t-shirts this final week, so I am not complaining right now!!!
latest report
Got to say I’m starting to get the hump , snowing again this evening in the French Alps . What’s that 7 evenings out the last ten days ? Would have been nice if it happened in Jan or Feb , oh well .
snow report
Just booked flights and accomodation for a sneaky five night break staying in Kappl just outside Ischgl - ski bus stops outside. Got a very reasonable hotel b and b -600 euros for me and my Mrs Inc tourist tax will get 4 days skiing in including the Top of the Mountain concert next Tuesday, The Black Eyed Peas are headlining.Will ski on the 1st of May the last day of the season - it's going to be a blast.
ski holidays
@Rob Mackley, yeah and it's been chilly too, the mornings feel like proper February mornings, not April!! I'm having to warm up and scrape ice off the car!!!
ski holidays
Snowbandit56 wrote:
Just booked flights and accomodation for a sneaky five night break staying in Kappl just outside Ischgl - ski bus stops outside. Got a very reasonable hotel b and b -600 euros for me and my Mrs Inc tourist tax will get 4 days skiing in including the Top of the Mountain concert next Tuesday, The Black Eyed Peas are headlining.Will ski on the 1st of May the last day of the season - it's going to be a blast.

Luv it!!
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy