Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Chamonix Valley 2023/24

Poster: A snowHead
@Peter S, quite!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
My last day skiing for this trip and we went up GM with low expectations but actually it was turning to pretty nice spring snow in the Italian and Canadian bowls. You could draw a straight line across the mountain though where it turned from nice spring snow to velcro soup and it was getting higher as the day wore on. We called it at 1pm.

Im working remotely from cham next week while Mrs meltus enjoys her Easter holidays! I may need to chuck a sticky on Wednesday...
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Looks a lot older from Tuesday, at least for a while.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Just back from one week in Chamonix.

Every weather and snow. From scorching hot on first Sunday with crust and slush- through to 45-60cm powder- initially touching the base- but then essentially bottomless, light and fluffy and snowing in town on Saturday morning.

Also- before the snow- lots of sand, then some dust on crust.

Fantastic skiiing Wednesday - Thursday with Lavancher, Italian, Canadian bowls in dreamlike conditions, also the Magic Forest and Tabe bumps and gullies. a bit of a skin from the Bochard resulted in acres of untouched powder.

Lots of telemark turns and new (old stock) K2 Coomback 104 anniversary editions skis worked perfectly with OutlawX bindings set at the midpoint stiffness wise (with stiff spring).
an attempt at the Valle Blanch on FRiday thwarted by high winds and poor vis, another party from our group had stayed at the Torino hut overnight and reported getting blown over.

Lots of locals out and so some displays of highly skilled boarding and skiing- trails of powder in their wake.

I managed to get powder down the front of my jacket / over the shoulder.

Very bouncy snow and according to the guides the best conditions of the season.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Also- bumped into Seb Mansart- the GB telemark coach- who I congratulated re Jaz Taylor. Some other great telemark skiing on show and the local boarders had their monster swallowtails out, and massive grins.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Basically Wednesday and Thursday were the best days skiing of my life, the first run we did from the gondola down to the Tabe lift- down a little steep section then gentle meadow like slopes- was perfection- silent effortless bouncing. I'd have been satisfied if that was the only run I did that day.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
We usually go out this week or next and the Montets is normally excellent. In fact you can usually still ski down Pierre a Ric except this year it was too mild to make snow down there effectively.
Sounds great. Cool
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Cham day. Hope there’s still some pow left
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Vid of backflips off the arete please
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Not the only ones with that idea snowHead

Top views

And fun exploring

Might go back to AdM next weekend for the closing
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Very tasty. I was stuck at home with a most unpleasant gastro Embarassed Skullie
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Does anyone know what the VB exit is like? Assume it’s a pole out and then can you walk up to the stairs to the Montenvers train? Any idea how long (for a kid)?

We had a very long schlep along the flat and then hike up to the snack place before skiing out last time but no snow for that now
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@BobinCH, not been down for a week. You will probably have to walk 20 minutes along the rubble covered end of the glacier as the snow melts in the heat but it should not be too arduous

Don’t forget there is a new lift from the snout of the Mer de Glace so no longer 400 steps up. About 30 to the new gondola.

Just make sure you are nowhere near missing the last lift up (not that you will be) as that now = a world of pain.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
HammondR wrote:
@BobinCH, not been down for a week. You will probably have to walk 20 minutes along the rubble covered end of the glacier as the snow melts in the heat but it should not be too arduous

Don’t forget there is a new lift from the snout of the Mer de Glace so no longer 400 steps up. About 30 to the new gondola.

Just make sure you are nowhere near missing the last lift up (not that you will be) as that now = a world of pain.

Excellent. Thank you! I had heard about a new lift but wasn’t sure it was already running. Hoping to go early Saturday to catch the fresh snow this week. Think my son will love the AdM experience snowHead
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@BobinCH, I suspect that you are not the only one with that plan for Saturday.

An early start may pay dividends.

Perhaps the last very busy day up there of the season.
snow report
HammondR wrote:
@BobinCH, I suspect that you are not the only one with that plan for Saturday.

An early start may pay dividends.

Perhaps the last very busy day up there of the season.

Aiming for the 7:30 lift snowHead
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy