Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Monterosa 23/24

Poster: A snowHead
the Moos chair will open from this saturday according to the tourist office
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Moos is an existing chairlift, moved to avoid the walking that used to be necessary when switching valley sides.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Onnem, exactly, although im not sure where it was moved from, another resort i think
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.

ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
An improvement for the area for sure. Although it looks like a very old 2 man which will be slow, it has to be quicker and more comfortable than the walk. That said I always felt the Moos piste is not great (no idea why it is black tbh). After a long lunch we often just download from Gabiet anyway, does not take that long and avoids a long and boring path.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Quote:

slow

yes but short, 300m so travel time is 2mins
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Here's the rest of the info:

ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@motyl, Thanks for this.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Evening! First post on here.
I'm arriving in champoluc later this week for a month with my family. In between chasing my kids round the nursery slopes I'm hoping to do some guided off piste/ touring. Does anybody have any guides or companies they'd recommend, or would anybody be interested in forming a small group to split the cost of a guide? I'm aware the off piste might not be quite in condition right now, but am hoping it will be at some point during our stay..
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@SkiRossendale, email info.guidealagna@gmail.com , or PM me if you'd like me to send you a phone/whatsapp no.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Arriving this Saturday and trying to buy passes but seems like the ability to do so has been suspended due to winds, is this a normal thing? Whats it looking like up there?
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Harry3 wrote:
Arriving this Saturday and trying to buy passes but seems like the ability to do so has been suspended due to winds, is this a normal thing? Whats it looking like up there?

https://monterosa.skiperformance.com/en/winter/store#/en/winter/buy?skugroup_id=2608

note different passes as to whether you want Punta Indren - access to freeride lift or not.

windy today, web-cam links on previous pages
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
t44tomo wrote:
Harry3 wrote:

https://monterosa.skiperformance.com/en/winter/store#/en/winter/buy?skugroup_id=2608

note different passes as to whether you want Punta Indren - access to freeride lift or not.

Oh I see, thanks... its a fairly confusing website!

I was looking forward to the Freeriding possibilities (not been to Monterosa before) but doesn't seem like the snow will be good enough for it to be worth buying it

edit: wait that link has a minimum purchase of 21, I guess thats why it says "Group". So I assume regular multi-day passes are suspended, as it says on the top banner.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
is it worth buying tickets online in advance? or buying on the day in case of wind/rain issues?
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Harry3 wrote:
t44tomo wrote:
Harry3 wrote:

Oh I see, thanks... its a fairly confusing website!

I was looking forward to the Freeriding possibilities (not been to Monterosa before) but doesn't seem like the snow will be good enough for it to be worth buying it

edit: wait that link has a minimum purchase of 21, I guess thats why it says "Group". So I assume regular multi-day passes are suspended, as it says on the top banner.

ah sorry yes - not sure why they have suspended buying passes for the weekend due to wind today, but they have, maybe its all or nothing from the webshop and they didn't want people to buy for today.

In any event, your not going to save much if anything by buying ahead now so close to the pass start date.

If you've never been before, and aren't getting a guide, I'd stick to the pistes. a group of boarders in our B&B we recounting a tale of taking a wrong turn / decision and then walking for ages to get back to something they could slide down to get back to lifts / pistes. Pistes are / were in good condition but the off piste / between pistes could really do with more fresh snow. I got the impression it was better suited to ski touring with skins etc as a few up hill slogs to get to down hill bits on the main "itineries". There were a lot of stones and crap showing through from the bits you could see off the lifts. A lot of wind may exacerbate that if it blows snow cover of exposed parts.
ski holidays
@t44tomo, bit weird innit, can't buy well in advance even if you wanted to Puzzled

I think I referred up a few pages that we were a bit irritated in December when being good little boy scouts and girl guides we bought our passes online the night before only to find them €10 cheaper the next morning as the wind forecast had in fact been accurate Evil or Very Mad
ski holidays
If you've bought a normal Monterosa multiple day lift ticket, does anyone know if you can pay the extra 2 euros on the day on site to add freeride paradise to your ticket?
latest report
@Dreadyfred, no idea. Not convinced it's a good idea at the moment either!!
latest report
The off piste is no Bueno at the moment.
The extra for the punto indren lift is probably not worth it. The pistes are in good condition though.
snow report
You can add The Indren on a daily basis. I think it’s about 3euro/day.
ski holidays
Just back from a week piste skiing here. The off-piste is virtually non-existant ,although there are still visible tracks where people have hiked up a way. Pistes are in good condition , icy and softening / scraped later in the day. Very quiet during the week, busy over the weekend with locals, but overall very enjoyable . Always nice to sit in the sun with a bombardino or 2.
ski holidays
Forecast looking really promising! Hoping to get out for a long weekend to Alagna end of the month so just watching the cams to see if it fills in. Don't fancy just piste skiing in Monterosa!
snow conditions
archors wrote:
Forecast looking really promising! Hoping to get out for a long weekend to Alagna end of the month so just watching the cams to see if it fills in. Don't fancy just piste skiing in Monterosa!

The piste skiing is actually lovely. It is somewhat limited but good vertical and lots of places for a good long lunch compensates for that. We are flying out on Thursday, and whilst I always hope for some good day tours and nice off-piste I will be more than content with the piste skiing for a week combined with a could of day trips to other areas (probably Cervinia and Pila). Tbh I have never felt the limited number of pistes a problem, but then again I am not bothered about repeating runs as good as Monetrosa's and am not obsessed with box ticking pistes in a resort.

Looks like you might get lucky though, if there are several good dumps between now and the end of the month. Will let you know how it shapes up between 08 and 17 Feb anyway.
snow report
Yeah the pistes look great but I really want to explore what Monterosa is famous for! Have fun out there.
snow report
archors wrote:
Yeah the pistes look great but I really want to explore what Monterosa is famous for! Have fun out there.

I get you! And I feel the same. But it is what it is so determined to look on the bright side. At it's best it is a great domain for day touring, and my daughter is quite upset that for the second year running at half term it won't be worth it. And she has exams this year so no chance of another sneaky break for her. Me on the other hand.....

Hope it comes good, it is often better later in the year tbh.
snow report
@archors, it's probably best being realistic that what "Monterosa is famous for" is not powder!
snow report
@under a new name, I know, it's fantastic lift accessed off piste skiing. Deep powder not necessary but need the off piste to be actually half skiable.
latest report
@archors, yes, it could be better right now, but it's anyway rarely what's marketed! snowHead (sadly). Had loads of fun over the years mind you Happy
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Absolutely puking it down on the mountain right now. Was wet and mild in the village this morning. Probably 7cm already added over lunch break and it is still snowing quite heavily. Looking good for this heading this way for Half Term.
snow conditions
Snowing in the village right now. I expect another day of limited visibility tomorrow so ski to lunch day.
latest report
Sounds wonderful
ski holidays
Quite a bit of bombing around 7 this morning. And snowing in the village now. Very poor visibility again, not just the snow but low clouds.

We had fun yesterday with some soft snow on a firm base. There were some small bumps, and scraped areas, but I didn’t come across real ice. Not really the conditions for high speed carving but lots of fun to be had nevertheless. Weather is due to improve and not quite as cold as some earlier predictions next week.
latest report
Which village ?
latest report
@Roguevfr, well I skied all three valleys yesterday. And today. Not sure I understand the question tbh
snow report
Well since there are several villages throughout the area, the question "which village" in reference to "snowing at village level" seems perfectly clear.
They're not all at the same altitude, are they ?
snow report
@zikomo,
Tried to DM you on here, but am new to the forum so not sure it worked..
ski holidays
@Roguevfr, Gressoney la Trinite and Champoluc are much of a muchness. It will have been rain in Alaina. As it relates to skiing I’m still confused. My guess is snow line was around 1600m if that helps.
snow report
SkiRossendale wrote:
@zikomo,
Tried to DM you on here, but am new to the forum so not sure it worked..

It worked and I have replied. Was out for dinner…
ski holidays
@zikomo

Fair enough. You think it's OK to post a comment that it's snowing at village level , but find it difficult to understand which village when asked.
Gotcha.

I thought you were acting like a dick in our other interactions, now I see you weren't acting.
Figures.
ski holidays
Laughing
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy