Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ischgl 23/24

Poster: A snowHead
Last week home runs were terrible both 1 and 1a, so much so that I downloaded from middle station the last 2 days. First time I've ever done that through choice in my life. That's not usual though.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I might just stay on the gondola now Little Angel
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
We are looking forward to returning to Ischgl on 27 Jan, staying at the Jagerhof. 1 and 1a can be fun earlier in the day but I feel no shame in downloading at the end of the day. I’ll probably leave the OP skis at home this time and enjoy the relative certainty of the pistes
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@On the rocks, like the Jagerhof.
Quiet lockation and decent nosh.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Have seen some great video of the off piste in Ischgl today on Facebook. Looks brilliant.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Hotel Madlein locked in from Feb 7…. Can’t wait. 22 years in a row in Ischgl (the one corona excluded)…. Still my favorite resort.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@On the rocks, We arrive the day after, staying at Alma Alpin Apartments. Praying every day to the snow gods just now.........
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
If you are skiing home can I recommend you check out the black sections. I've skied home around 15:30/16:00 in the past, picking my way through the mogled chaos and dead bodies on the red section only to turn off onto one of the black 'shortcuts' to find myself skiing alone on untouched corduroy! Yes it's steeper, but steeper and perfectly flat is easier than a little shallower but busy and mogled.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Mjit wrote:
If you are skiing home can I recommend you check out the black sections. I've skied home around 15:30/16:00 in the past, picking my way through the mogled chaos and dead bodies on the red section only to turn off onto one of the black 'shortcuts' to find myself skiing alone on untouched corduroy! Yes it's steeper, but steeper and perfectly flat is easier than a little shallower but busy and mogled.

This seems to be a common thing on home runs

In Ellmau (a much easier home run), the blue is busy, the red is quiet (and the red is barely any steeper).

Not just common on home runs... in Zell am see the blues on the southern arm of the horseshoe are packed. The reds on the Sonnkogel on the northern arm are really quite quiet by comparison; most people gravitate towards ostensibly easier runs which often aren't due to usage.

The Zell am See home run is rather like Ischgl...for the last 50m
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ischgl - If the weather's nice take either the Pardatsch' or Fimba' down, grab a beer from Schatzi and sit outside drinking it laughing at people trying to come down the last streatch right in front of you Smile
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Probably a sign of skimania but I have just noticed that the official Ischgl site has dropped it's km of of pistes from 239 to 231km! Is this due to lack of snow?
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Mjit wrote:
Ischgl - If the weather's nice take either the Pardatsch' or Fimba' down, grab a beer from Schatzi and sit outside drinking it laughing at people trying to come down the last streatch right in front of you Smile

That last stretch isn't that hard....you don't even need to drop in, you can ski past the folk standing at top and come into the little wooded elbow, do that and you're halfway down, then stick to the far edges, avoid the middle of the piste and you're fine.

Get to bottom and walk down to the Nevada, have a beer outside and avoid the worst bar in the whole resort.

Fixed it for you.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Can't see the problem with downloads - i have a great day's skiing and the last thing I want is a cr@ppy run home if the conditions aren't great.

Don't always download, but it's an option
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Driving out this morning , 0818 crossing from Folkestone and staying in Germany tonight. 7 of us Self catering at the Paderschratbahn end of town. Much excitement all round. !
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
dazman wrote:
Get to bottom and walk down to the Nevada, have a beer outside and avoid the worst bar in the whole resort.

A bar we've never visited in all our years - but then it would mean walking past the Kitzloch to get there and that's never happened Smile

Also Schatzi while not the best is far from the worst bar in Ischgl. FreeRide is far worse, and doesn't have the view of the slope to make up for it seediness.
ski holidays
Recommend the Gasthof Lamm in Heimertingen for an overnight stop. 3 hours to Iscghl today.
ski holidays
We’re in Samnaun this week. Unfortunately, as most of the lifts were closed today due to the wind, we weren’t able to get over to Ischgl. Is that a regular occurrence? We’re hoping to get over tomorrow. We noticed on Facebook, that there were Lego-themed snow sculptures in Ischgl at the weekend; are they still there?
latest report
@mrs_frostee, yes they are still there and yes it’s reasonably common for the link to be closed to Ischgl.
latest report
Yes they are still there , in Idalp
snow report
Great that the snow sculptures are still there. Not so great that it’s reasonably common for the link to be closed.
ski holidays
@mrs_frostee, it’s because Ischgl is a high resort and therefore it gets affected more by high winds than the lower Austrian resorts do.
But with that comes reliable snowfall.
Just depends on the weather when you’re there.
It’s never closed due to mechanical problems etc it’s just snow/weather/wind
snow report
mrs_frostee wrote:
Not so great that it’s reasonably common for the link to be closed.

If there's a risk of the link closing during the day they will generally have it closed all day, not being able to get to the other valley generally being considered preferable to being able to get to the other valley only for the lifts to close and not being able to get back!
snow conditions
mrs_frostee wrote:
We’re in Samnaun this week. Unfortunately, as most of the lifts were closed today due to the wind, we weren’t able to get over to Ischgl. Is that a regular occurrence? We’re hoping to get over tomorrow. We noticed on Facebook, that there were Lego-themed snow sculptures in Ischgl at the weekend; are they still there?

I have been in Ischgl a lot, and I only ever seen the link closed once:-)

Last edited by After all it is free Go on u know u want to! on Tue 16-01-24 13:57; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
Mjit wrote:
dazman wrote:

A bar we've never visited in all our years - but then it would mean walking past the Kitzloch to get there and that's never happened Smile

Also Schatzi while not the best is far from the worst bar in Ischgl. FreeRide is far worse, and doesn't have the view of the slope to make up for it seediness.

Your Nevada is my FreeRide.....never felt remotely enticed to walk in.

As for the Kitzloch....Arno is a good mate of mine, what a venue.
snow conditions
everything was open today and the conditions were pretty good. a bit cold in the morning though. did the silver smuggler's circuit which honestly didn't take very long.
snow report
I’m really looking forward to Ischgl next week. How good is the off piste at the moment and likely to be next week? I’m minded to avoid the hassle of taking extra skis, airbag pack etc and just enjoy a piste skiing holiday, but would be disappointed to find I would have missed out on something awesome. Mrs OTR just skis on piste these days so for OP I would probably need to fork out for a guide unless just a bit of side country.
latest report
Anyone going to be in Ischgl in early April?
latest report
We're going the last week in April taking in the Top of the Mountain concert - The Black Eyed Peas are headlining.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Heading out tomorrow with my group. Looks like a week of full sunshine, after pretty much a week of snow.

Should be glorious Smile
snow report
On the rocks wrote:
I’m really looking forward to Ischgl next week. How good is the off piste at the moment and likely to be next week? I’m minded to avoid the hassle of taking extra skis, airbag pack etc and just enjoy a piste skiing holiday, but would be disappointed to find I would have missed out on something awesome. Mrs OTR just skis on piste these days so for OP I would probably need to fork out for a guide unless just a bit of side country.

Snow up high was staying very wintery today. Had some good turns off the Piz Val. Especially dropping off the back of the ridge down to the Gampenbahn. So as of today I would say it's worth it. Guess it depends how warm it gets the next few days.
ski holidays
Is there an ambulance booking service at the top Shocked
https://www.instagram.com/reel/C2wJsssLlgy/?igsh=MTh1cWZ3cWlqZ3FyYQ==
ski holidays
@BobinCH, even by Ischgl standards that's ott
As said by others earlier in the day the runs back to the village are nice to do.
Late in the day as well as the steepness things are often getting very soft.
If we are not heading down by 3pm it's the gondola's for us.
latest report
@TOLOCOMAN, thanks, but both of us hit my nasty colds so only taking it easy, short days on piste
latest report
I’ve never seen Ischgl like that Instagram video? Must have been a really peak time like New Year surely? Shocked
ski holidays
Garfield wrote:
@BobinCH, even by Ischgl standards that's ott
As said by others earlier in the day the runs back to the village are nice to do.
Late in the day as well as the steepness things are often getting very soft.
If we are not heading down by 3pm it's the gondola's for us.

I don't know about that, but there were 3 ambulances parked at various run bottoms yesterday. And the lineup for the health/first aid clinic was out the door! Eh oh!
latest report
@TOLOCOMAN, wow!
snow report
My daughter broke her leg last April in Ischgl. The medical centre at Idalp is a well oiled machine. Directing folks to the private clinic with your credit card at the ready.
snow report
Hi guys,

Heading to Ischgl on 2nd March. Trying to decide if need to organise tables for drink bookings or is it better to go with the flow? We will be a party of 9. Are the bars that are popular for Apres also the ones that are popular for nightlife (ie after 8pm?

What are the best spots for apres/nightlife? I've read previous threads but it seems a lot of it comes down to personal preference.
snow conditions
Can't comment on the night life part but for a classic Austrian apres experience, it doesn't get much better than Kushtall. Might not look like much from the street, but wait till you get further back in!
ski holidays
the_dazzler wrote:
Hi guys,

Heading to Ischgl on 2nd March. Trying to decide if need to organise tables for drink bookings or is it better to go with the flow? We will be a party of 9. Are the bars that are popular for Apres also the ones that are popular for nightlife (ie after 8pm?

What are the best spots for apres/nightlife? I've read previous threads but it seems a lot of it comes down to personal preference.

If your eating out together you will need to book
Most of the Apre places turf folk out about 5:30 as they are restaurants later
There is also a curfew on ski boots after 8pm though I have no idea if it's enforced?
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy