Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ischgl 23/24

Poster: A snowHead
I think the curfew is enforced.
Someone posted links to a news report following the people who enforce it.

I've not been since it was introduced.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Garfield wrote:
the_dazzler wrote:
Hi guys,

Heading to Ischgl on 2nd March. Trying to decide if need to organise tables for drink bookings or is it better to go with the flow? We will be a party of 9. Are the bars that are popular for Apres also the ones that are popular for nightlife (ie after 8pm?

What are the best spots for apres/nightlife? I've read previous threads but it seems a lot of it comes down to personal preference.

If your eating out together you will need to book
Most of the Apre places turf folk out about 5:30 as they are restaurants later
There is also a curfew on ski boots after 8pm though I have no idea if it's enforced?

The curfew is very much enforced, and there is even a private security company hired, to make sure to send people home with their gear before 8PM:-)
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
DanishRider wrote:
Garfield wrote:
the_dazzler wrote:
Hi guys,

Heading to Ischgl on 2nd March. Trying to decide if need to organise tables for drink bookings or is it better to go with the flow? We will be a party of 9. Are the bars that are popular for Apres also the ones that are popular for nightlife (ie after 8pm?

What are the best spots for apres/nightlife? I've read previous threads but it seems a lot of it comes down to personal preference.

There is also a curfew on ski boots after 8pm though I have no idea if it's enforced?

The curfew is very much enforced, and there is even a private security company hired, to make sure to send people home with their gear before 8PM:-)

Never been an issue for us.
With the odd exception it's ditch the boots then beer. Little Angel
About the only time we have been wandering about after 8pm is if we have went to the ski show.
Tend to be ready in the morning for the lifts opening. I can do the late drinking at other times.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Garfield wrote:
DanishRider wrote:
Garfield wrote:
the_dazzler wrote:
Hi guys,

Never been an issue for us.
With the odd exception it's ditch the boots then beer. Little Angel
About the only time we have been wandering about after 8pm is if we have went to the ski show.
Tend to be ready in the morning for the lifts opening. I can do the late drinking at other times.

I am guilty in not always being in bed early, but I actually think the no ski boots thing, works quite well in Ischgl. I have been in Ischgl for 22 years straight (one corona year excluded), and it’s 100% an improvement over the old days, where drunk people in ski boots, where tripping all over the place at the end of the dorf-tunnel by the Fimba.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@DanishRider, no listening to ‘clunk clunk clunk’ half the night either
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
VolklAttivaS5 wrote:
@DanishRider, no listening to ‘clunk clunk clunk’ half the night either

Another great benefit;-)
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
So the hotel we are staying with has ski lockers at the Parda lift. Would we be better off leaving skis at hotel and walking directly to fimba lift to try beat the queues?
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
the_dazzler wrote:
So the hotel we are staying with has ski lockers at the Parda lift. Would we be better off leaving skis at hotel and walking directly to fimba lift to try beat the queues?

Fimba never really have long waiting times, so definitely a great way to save some time. That said, I really only have experienced long waiting times at Parda-lift, the first 15 minutes after it starts in the morning.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
the_dazzler wrote:

The capacity of the Parda lift is massive, and if the queue is really big, you've only got to walk up the road a few hundred metres (literally) to the next one, and those lockers are brilliant, especially if you want to go for a few beers.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Loads of new snow overnight and today at Ischgl. Very cold. The coming week looks good.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
the_dazzler wrote:

The town's nice and compact and generally walk 5 minutes in any direction and you'll either have passed a bar or run out of town, so my advice would be to just wing it on the first night or 2 and spend your time checking out the many and varied apres offerings in Ischgl. Some you'll hate, some you'll quite like, one or two you'll probably love. Once you done that stick it out till around 7pm when either the apres party comes to an end and the venue swaps to being a restaurant or the crowds thin right out as all the people staying in hotels head home for dinner and then speak to the bar staff about booking a table for other nights. If there's a good sized group of you and you've passed a decent amount of cash over the bar during the evening it's not normally an issue.

the_dazzler wrote:

We always use the Fimba. It's a bit in the middle of nowhere compared to most resort accomodation and the average person will just walk to the closest gondola. As a result, even with smaller bubbles and a slightly slower running speed it's often quicker as there's normally little or no queue to get on it.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Huwpuw wrote:
Loads of new snow overnight and today at Ischgl. Very cold. The coming week looks good.

Good news
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Heading to Ischgl at the end of March.

Flying into Zurich on March 30 with a family of four. We were planning on taking the train to St. Anton and hiring a car/bus for the final leg. Any suggestions on a better way to do it?

Also, Ideally I would bring my own skis and boots (rest of the family will rent) but I am wondering how much of a pain it would be on the train.

Any thoughts appreciated!
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I think there is a bus from landeck also accessible by train from Zurich. As I recall Swiss trains have dedicated ski storage?

A straight drive isn't too bad, maybe 3 hours
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Sunday looks like a decent chunk of snow will fall. How does the skiing hold up in moderate snowing conditions? I know that it is quite exposed.
latest report
the_dazzler wrote:
Sunday looks like a decent chunk of snow will fall. How does the skiing hold up in moderate snowing conditions? I know that it is quite exposed.

I would advise anyone not already booked to avoid Ischgl for the rest of the season.
The less of you there when I am the better. rolling eyes

Seriously though if you cant find slopes to your liking in the area you need to find a new pastime.
Which ones are best may change from day to day though depending on how much sun or wind or cloud etc.
snow report
the_dazzler wrote:

Stay below the tree line and it's good. The runs below Idalp are good and often quite quiet. Otherwise a trip to Galtur worked well for us last year when it was snowing.
snow report
I'm in the ischgl area for the next few days, just wondering whether ischgl is better to visit on Friday than the weekend, would it be less busy?
snow conditions
Mrmeaner wrote:
I'm in the ischgl area for the next few days, just wondering whether ischgl is better to visit on Friday than the weekend, would it be less busy?

Less bods on a Satarday as main changover day.
Fridays anywhere can be interesting as people tend to push things on last day?
ski holidays
I've never skied Ischgl on a Saturday but I have a feeling it could be busy. Certainly the apres bars tend to be at their busiest with people in ski gear on Saturdays, which suggests day trippers/weekenders (or a lot of Germans who've driven and don't mind stopping 14 times on the drive home for their passengers to make convienience stops Smile )
latest report
I'm probably heading there from See tomorrow. I see there is a free ski bus but only if you have a ski pass. Can this be bought in advance including the card itself? Or if you have to collect the card is it just as well to buy the card and pass at the door?
snow report
Has anybody stayed in the hotel goldener adler? Is it close to the tunnel to the gondola? Its the gluten free menu that's taken our attention to it. Will also have 10 year old, where can we take them for not to wild apre?
snow report
Mrmeaner wrote:
I'm probably heading there from See tomorrow. I see there is a free ski bus but only if you have a ski pass. Can this be bought in advance including the card itself? Or if you have to collect the card is it just as well to buy the card and pass at the door?

While they all have the "Free to valid lift pass holders" somewhere in their T&Cs I don't think I've ever been on a free ski bus where anyone checked for tickets, especially if you're clambering on a full ski gear/carrying skis...
ski holidays
WASHOUT wrote:
Has anybody stayed in the hotel goldener adler? Is it close to the tunnel to the gondola? Its the gluten free menu that's taken our attention to it. Will also have 10 year old, where can we take them for not to wild apre?

Not stayed there but looking on Google maps it's more or less on top of the tunnel entrance so yes, I'd say it's close to the tunnel Smile A 60 second walk from the front doors to the tunnel, a couple of minutes on the travellators through the tunnel and you'll be looking at the Fimbabahn bottom station.

For apres with a 10 year old I'd probably try the Kitzloch. Yes, peak season it gets packed out to standing room only, half the people still in ski boots - but (at least under the old owners, not been back since it changed hands right before Covid) it's actually a very friendly place and if you speak to Arnot behind the bar saying you'd like to come to apres on X night but have a 10 year old so could you reserve a table there's a very good chance you'll get a positive response. Sure it will still be rammed on evening X, but you'll have a 'safe space' at your table.

Other than that:
- Outside Schatzi is nice (you might get questions about why inside is just full of men/why are those board looking woman stood on the bar in traditional German dress, swinigng their knees from side to side).
- The Golden Eagle right next to the hotel if he's a little rocker.
- Kiwi bar for a more civilized drink (maybe too civilized for a 10 year old).
- Just wander around, there are plenty of bars to choose from.

For more 10 year old (cake) apres I can recommend both the Konditorie on Dorft Strasse (main road the tunnel entrance is on, in the direction with the tunnel entrance on your right) and Cafe Salner (tucked away up on the hill if you go along the side of the church, then take the high road to it's end).
ski holidays
Much appreciated on apre spots it's going to be the week before xmas so would think still pretty quiet. I was in ischgl 10 years ago for a weekend but for some reason it was very blurry......
latest report
im looking at a last week in march trip skiing - ischgl ticking boxes for size/snow etc... but am worried its too lively...the YouTube videos posted on one of the snowHeads threads are making me nervous/nauseous (there's no way I will be twerking on a table top or spraying Prosecco, let alone Veuve..) ....I am looking for a bit of jolly apres but...are semi-buttoned-up-mid-lifers better suited elsewhere, or are there something for everyone? - last year we were in Stuben which was the positively dead arm of Arlberg apres?( had multiple kids in tow then so not an issue)
ski holidays
Must say ski conditions are stunning this week.
snow report
sarahklt wrote:
im looking at a last week in march trip skiing - ischgl ticking boxes for size/snow etc... but am worried its too lively...the YouTube videos posted on one of the snowHeads threads are making me nervous/nauseous (there's no way I will be twerking on a table top or spraying Prosecco, let alone Veuve..) ....I am looking for a bit of jolly apres but...are semi-buttoned-up-mid-lifers better suited elsewhere, or are there something for everyone? - last year we were in Stuben which was the positively dead arm of Arlberg apres?( had multiple kids in tow then so not an issue)

I'm surprised you can find accommodation there! I was there on Friday and whilst there were plenty of people going up the gondola they soon dispersed to various parts and I enjoyed several runs with barely any people on them, that said the visibility was poor so may not have been as busy as Saturday. If you definitely intend on staying centrally then you run the risk of being annoyed by the noise and revelry late at night, although you should be able to find places which don't have table dancing at 7pm!. I stayed in See, which is an easy 30 minute bus ride away from ischgl, and enjoyed both See and Kappl resorts as well as ischgl.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
sarahklt wrote:

There are plenty of very nice quieter bars to go to.
ski holidays
the_dazzler wrote:
Must say ski conditions are stunning this week.

Good to hear, we're out on Saturday evening and the forecast is looking pretty good. Very Happy
latest report
Kramer wrote:
sarahklt wrote:

There are plenty of very nice quieter bars to go to.

Yep, what's so good about Ischgl is that if you don't like the vibe in one bar just leave and try another one until you find one that offers what you want, there will be one.
ski holidays
Snow this afternoon. Around 5cm in Galtur I’d guess. Presumably more up top.
ski holidays
Not short of snow today going by the web cams
11 days and counting till we are back. Very Happy
Not been to Ischgl for seven years decided it was time to return
snow conditions
@Garfield, If you fancy joining us for St Patricks Day in Kitzloch come find us.....we won't be too hard to spot!
ski holidays
dazman wrote:
@Garfield, If you fancy joining us for St Patricks Day in Kitzloch come find us.....we won't be too hard to spot!

Forgot it would be St Patricks Day when we were there. Shocked
Could be interesting Madeye-Smiley
I may pass on the Kitzloch though
snow conditions
Kitzloch was busy yesterday afternoon.

Snow all day today, probably 20cm all told, turned to rain at the bottom. We stayed in Galtur and it was pretty quiet.

Experienced some on mountain après. Cheesy music and a couple of beers for us then down the home run at 16.30 One well refreshed couple (him 70s I would guess) took 10 minutes to clip their skis on. Then set off down the last bit of the home run with a crash every 2 turns! They may still be up there.
ski holidays
Got up this morning with the plan of going to Galtür. Unfortunately all the lifts in Galtür as well as the higher lifts in Ischgl and all the lifts in See were closed because of high winds.

Saw loads of people heading up in Ischgl, to ski in an area that was likely to be from Idalp back to resort, so jumped on the bus to Kappl.

Kappl was good all day from mid station up, and the majority of the run back to resort was good in the morning. The lifts got a bit busy with five minute queues, but it was possible to find a good day of piste skiing. Light was a bit flat all day. Run back to the resort was very hard at the end of the day, with more than a few speed demons and zombies.

Rain in resort this evening, but the snow line is only about fifty metres higher, so bodes well for the higher parts of Ischgl and Galtür tomorrow.
snow report
Today we’ve spent skiing in the Alp Bella and Alp Trida areas. Snow cover is good, off piste is very mixed, the pistes are in excellent nick.

Lunch from the Alp Bella restaurant, chicken obviously, and a fairly early finish because the weather came in and my ski buddy was tired.

Another good (but not great) day.
snow report
Kramer wrote:

Another good (but not great) day.

Any day on the mountain is good Very Happy
Less than a week till we go Madeye-Smiley
Looking at the webcams every day which is pointless as we are going whatever.
Forecast ok
May or may not be t-shirt weather for end of day beer
Just need to get to a dentist before we go Crying or Very sad
snow report
Kramer wrote:
Lunch from the Alp Bella restaurant, chicken obviously...

Very Happy
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy