Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ischgl 23/24

Poster: A snowHead
DanishRider wrote:
VolklAttivaS5 wrote:
The key to not coming into contact with any groups of men is to choose one of the quiet B&Bs/hotels on the hill up by the Fimbabahn. Nice and quiet at night, I’ve not heard a sound. No leery groups saying where I am. Plus it’s only a short walk to the lift in any case.
On the main street where all the shops are and where Schatzi’s bar and the Kitzloch is I can imagine you can hear late night revellers until gone 3am.

Having been to St Anton many times as well I think St Anton is worse for groups of blokes out on the booze compared to Ischgl.

100% agree - actually the family owned Hotel Fimba is a favorite of mine!

Yes I’ve stayed at the Hotel Fimba before, very nice.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
On the rocks wrote:
Really enjoyed first vist last year so returning in Jan. Hopefully the Jagerhof won’t be too unruly.

That's our hotel of choice Madeye-Smiley
Nice sun terrace for a beer before the sun goes down. May be a bit quick in January?
Nice nosh and decent leisure facilities and away from the late night noise.
Out ski room cross road and get left down to middle of dorf tunnel moving walkway to lift.
Only thing it's missing is a pool.
I did witness a group of females being told not to return to the hotel after they thought it would be a fun to move peoples ski boots around the drying racks.
I think there are individual lockers now?
Following earlier post re Ischgl I have now booked for March Blush
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Garfield, stupid cows
Glad they were told not to come back
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Garfield, we stayed in the less posh Val Sinestra just up the road last year, looking enviously at the Jagerhof as we walked past each morning
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
VolklAttivaS5 wrote:
DanishRider wrote:
VolklAttivaS5 wrote:
The key to not coming into contact with any groups of men is to choose one of the quiet B&Bs/hotels on the hill up by the Fimbabahn. Nice and quiet at night, I’ve not heard a sound. No leery groups saying where I am. Plus it’s only a short walk to the lift in any case.
On the main street where all the shops are and where Schatzi’s bar and the Kitzloch is I can imagine you can hear late night revellers until gone 3am.

Having been to St Anton many times as well I think St Anton is worse for groups of blokes out on the booze compared to Ischgl.

100% agree - actually the family owned Hotel Fimba is a favorite of mine!

Yes I’ve stayed at the Hotel Fimba before, very nice.

It’s a very nice and helpful family Happy
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Modern Mountain for us - Sabrina and Hugo are the perfect hosts!!! Great location, accommodation and food (breakfast is great start to the day). - a relaxing 10 Min walk from main town centre and blissfully quiet in the evenings as a result…

Could not be a better hotel in Ischgl IMHO
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Had a day off skiing yesterday, had a look around the shops etc

Off to Galtür today for a change and because there’s a restaurant that does a great mixed grill.
Definitely warmer today as forecast but it won’t last long as colder temperatures are coming in again on Wednesday.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Beautiful day today in Galtur and Ischgl, skies Ischgl this afternoon and Galtur this morning.
This afternoon was 5C so not as warm as predicted
Really nice conditions.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Nice fresh sunny day in Ischgl again today. Not overly warm at all, pleasant temperatures. Went up the Piz Val Gronda lift this morning as the ski route 42 has been open a few days now. Still quite a bit of untracked snow up there surprisingly.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
People may not know this but there’s actually 2 snow parks at Idalp one of which is off the B1 chair.
It’s good.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
VolklAttivaS5 wrote:
Nice fresh sunny day in Ischgl again today. Not overly warm at all, pleasant temperatures. Went up the Piz Val Gronda lift this morning as the ski route 42 has been open a few days now. Still quite a bit of untracked snow up there surprisingly.

Usually not many skiing fresh snow in ischgl - This is why is why I prefer it to Stanton… Less battle for snow Happy
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@DanishRider, yes I do too, loads and loads of easily accessible off piste without battling for it.
Also although there are groups of men here I think more go to St Anton ‘to say they’ve skied in St Anton’
It’s so easy to get fresh tracks here with minimal effort involved
Haven’t even had to consider getting the skins out!
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@VolklAttivaS5, have you ever gone left off the Piz Val Gondi and skied that side?
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@Mother hucker, ski route 42 is to the left when you get off the Piz Val Gronda though, so do you mean to the right?
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I thought they would have had the Alp Bella restaurant (chicken place) open by now it being Christmas week but it’s still closed!
latest report
Forgot to say I had the most delicious curry wurst at lunchtime at the Pardorama restaurant today.
Really nice!
snow report
VolklAttivaS5 wrote:
I thought they would have had the Alp Bella restaurant (chicken place) open by now it being Christmas week but it’s still closed!

I think some of the guys I normally ski Ischgl with out have headed back to the airport if they'd found out Alp Bella was closed Very Happy
snow report
VolklAttivaS5 wrote:
@Mother hucker, ski route 42 is to the left when you get off the Piz Val Gronda though, so do you mean to the right?

yep sorry to the left if you're looking back down to resort
snow report
@Mjit, yes alas it is not open yet!
I check every day
snow conditions
Mother hucker wrote:
VolklAttivaS5 wrote:

yep sorry to the left if you're looking back down to resort

So is this as if you were to ski to the Heidelberger Hut and then down through the Fimbaalp valley?
ski holidays
@VolklAttivaS5, yep
snow report
@Mother hucker, ok will look at that route more closely
snow conditions
@VolklAttivaS5, Its a nice area not overly steep nothing over 30* so relatively safe. you can ride out to the lift also
snow report
@Mother hucker, will have a look tomorrow if the lift is open.
snow conditions
VolklAttivaS5 wrote:
@DanishRider, yes I do too, loads and loads of easily accessible off piste without battling for it.
Also although there are groups of men here I think more go to St Anton ‘to say they’ve skied in St Anton’
It’s so easy to get fresh tracks here with minimal effort involved
Haven’t even had to consider getting the skins out!

Virtuelt Nobody skis the Salaas sector - Untracked for days Blush
latest report
@DanishRider, Smile
snow report
Been there yesterday. Sunny, great conditions, north facing slopes still powder. Quite crowded for a pre-season week-day.
ski holidays
Alp Bella is still closed Shocked Shocked

Colder today with light snow. Bit foggy this morning but it’s brightening up as I type.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Colder day today, -8C with windchill. Wind picked up a lot today although still quite mild (35 km/h).
Off piste was a bit wind scoured and crunchy today so I didn’t bother.

@Mother hucker, I can see where the route heads down to Heidelberger Hut and along the valley from the top of Piz Val Gronda, I didn’t bother as the snow wasn’t very nice.

I see you can skin up to the hut from the Gampen lift though as there’s a track that the ski doos use (the hut doesn’t open until Christmas Day though) so if I get chance before I leave I will do the skin up to the hut and ski back down. It’s only 340m ascent so won’t take long.

There are 90km/h winds forecast on Friday and Saturday so I don’t expect they will have much open if anything those 2 days.
ski holidays
Really looking forward to it. Staying in hotel Ischgl which a friend has tole me is in a fairly quiet part of town.
ski holidays
@the_dazzler, when do you arrive?
snow report
VolklAttivaS5 wrote:
o choose one of the quiet B&Bs/hotels on the hill up by the Fimbabahn. Nice and quiet at night, I’ve not heard a sound.

We are looking into that very thing, never been there before, how does one get to the slopes? Bus?
latest report
@mdbru, no there are elevators and tunnels with escalators within them built into the hillside, so you just go from your hotel on foot to the nearest lift access point. No need to walk up the hill back to the accommodation at all!
snow conditions
The only time you’d need to use a bus is if you wanted to go to Galtur or Kappl skiing for the day.

Or if you were staying in Mathon which is outside of Ischgl

In Ischgl itself everyone uses the tunnels/lifts/escalators to get around on foot. It’s all very convenient.
snow conditions
@volkattivas5

Thanks very helpful!
latest report
@mdbru, you’re most welcome
snow report
Light snow and cloudy today, storm definitely coming in later today I think. Quite a few of the lifts closed already.

There’s about 50cm of snow or more forecast over the next couple of days though. I think tomorrow will be a good day to go to Galtur or Kappl.

Alp Bella is still closed but luckily I’ve just noticed the Paznauner Thaya restaurant are starting their chickens next week Very Happy
snow conditions
Absolutely belting with snow now and raining at resort level (just-will turn to snow no doubt shortly as the temperature drops)
They have closed a lot of lifts now so it’s only really around Idalp that’s open

Did a 20 min skin earlier for something to do, bit of exercise as skiing downhill doesn’t do a lot these days. Enjoyed that and good to make sure my skins were still sticky as I’d not used them for a good while.
latest report
@VolklAttivaS5, I've never been to Ischgl and have no particular intention of going, but I'm really enjoying your reports. Thank you.
snow conditions
@Hurtle, oh good Laughing
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy