Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Rab "The Mountain People"

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
sheffskibod wrote:

The Simond branded stuff at decathlon seems pretty good . Marketed as serious mountaineering kit but some bits equally good for skiing .

Yes indeed. I have Decathlon/Simond shell pant I wear over thermals and they are perfect for skiing although marketed as for "alpinism"
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Simond have a lot longer history/pedigree than any other brand mentioned in this thread. Francois Simond set up his first dedicated facility in 1860!
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@boarder2020, Sounds like an excuse - Arcteryx . . . .you know you want it and it'll make you a better skier/boarder! Like cars don't buy new; the outlet is superb so bookmark it for regular birthday presents to yourself . . . . Cool

I used to be a RAB advocate (still have a few bits I use for fishing that are excellent) . . but they stupidly discontinued their Neo Shell (softshell/hardshell hybrid) line so I jumped to Arc and have never looked back. Saying that I do rate their Nexus jackets as a light midlayer / heavy baselayer and have several for skiing
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
galpinos wrote:
Simond have a lot longer history/pedigree than any other brand mentioned in this thread. Francois Simond set up his first dedicated facility in 1860!

That is true but doesn't necessarily mean much given the brand is just a label for decathlon now.
That said, decathlon do a good job and as it happens I agree with other comments that I've been impressed with the quality/VFM of the simond branded stuff.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
jedster wrote:

That is true but doesn't necessarily mean much given the brand is just a label for decathlon now.
That said, decathlon do a good job and as it happens I agree with other comments that I've been impressed with the quality/VFM of the simond branded stuff.

Though Decathlon have made it appear as just a label, all Simond hardware is still designed/tested etc by Simond in Chamonix still (I don’t know about the clothing line) and the employees definitely “work for Simond”, not Decathlon. Their test rig is really good and I know was used by Blue Ice, also Cham based (they may now have their own) and ENSA for a lot of testing.

Though Decathlon has cheapen the Simond brand as they appeal to the main 90% of users, not the top 10%, they probably have a lot more in house pedigree still than many other brands who have better branding but actually outsource a lot of design and fabrication and base their model on re-branding other products.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy